Wool Mattress protector to help with temperature for Latex bed suggestions

Yes I never took it out of the packaging I didnt want that towel like feel

I have had a LOT of customers concerned about feeling that through your sheets, the truth is you really don’t feel it at all :slight_smile:

I have Dormeir underneath linen pillowcases on my own personal mattress, as well as underneath thinner cotton sheets (single ply) in my guest room and you really can’t feel it even then.

I got my new mattress a few weeks back (still owe the forum feedback on that as well!)…

It has been covered with a St. Dormier since day 1. I read all of the reviews/comments here before buying and after checking it out in a local shop decided to try it out.

As Phoenix likes to point out, so much about picking out a sleep system depends on individual preference. Personally, I think it is great. I don’t feel it creates a “towel” feeling under the sheets and it certainly doesn’t seem to have any noticeable effect on the overall feel of the mattress.

I am contemplating getting the pillow covers as well shortly.

My 2 cents…

Hi buttercupbetty,

I was lucky because I could look at and compare the St Dormier and Vasilo in the store, and the mattress I have has lots of wool in it (more than the St Dormier), so getting more wool for the mattress wasn’t a requirement. The vasilo and St. dormier are totally different materials. All said, I’m super happy with the vasilo, especially given all of the indecision I watch people go through selecting a mattress protector :wink: (and yes, it’d have totally been me going through all that indecision had I not got the vasilo)

The vasilo is amazing quality, fits perfect, washes well, and is a very thick material while still being a jersey knit stretch material. I like the texture it creates under the sheets. It’s organic too, which I do appreciate.

I happened to use a St. Dormier pillow protector on a down pillow, so i do use both materials actively.

The only thing about the vasilo is that at tmasc.ca where I bought it, what I got looks like the picture I posted from tmasc. However, some folks that shop USA websites found the vasilo at the clean bedroom, the natural sleep store, and others, and on those sites the picture of the vasilo looks different although the description is the same. I don’t know if they’re different or not (maybe just different embroidery?) My comments are based on the one I got from tmasc.

Hi dn,

It’s neat that you could try both of these in the store. What made you choose the Vasilo over the St. Dormeir?

Hi DahliaM,

1. Upon seeing and feeling the vasilo, I was sold, but it wasn’t the only reason. It’s a really thick substantial material. It’s heavy and feels durable and the stretchyness of it nice. It just felt really amazing.

2. I was buying 2 high end green sleep beds, and if you price them out you’ll find they’re not cheap. If I was spending that much money, it just made sense to go with the full sleep system made by the same company. So I put trust into green sleep to know how to maximize the comfort of their own sleep system. In fact, I got green sleep foundations, green sleep mattresses, and the green sleep mattress protector.

3. Similar to #2 above, green sleep has warranty terms, and I felt that if I ever needed a warranty claim, having the full sleep system from the 1 company was the best way to avoid any noise about not using a suitable product with their mattress.

4. See number 1. The product felt amazing, was substantial, looked great, and was therefore what I wanted :slight_smile: