Working through a couple issues with my SleepEZ 1300

Hey folks,

I got a 1300 about 4 weeks ago, and at first it was great - the XF-F-M-S configuration on the half of the bed I normally sleep on, mitigated my L1-S5 disc protrusion pain.

Unfortunately 3 weeks in, it has returned. So I’m thinking of going F-XF-M-S, and bumping up the firmness level of what I sleep on directly, by two levels.

Anyway so onto my questions:

1. Any thoughts on this?

2. This bed being so heavy is kind of bowing the 9" foundation I bought from SleepEZ. The height in the center of the bed is lower enough to be noticeable. As far as supports, I have just the side rails, and a single rail going between them in their center, with a floor support in the middle of it. (So two side rails, and one floor “pin” holding up a rail in the center of the bed). I have raised the height of that floor pin twice.

I wish I could just buy two more rails for the foot and head of the bed to go across, but not so easy to do actually. I’m thinking I’m going to need to replace my bed and look for one that is setup for heavy duty use… Any suggestions?

Hi JackBauer,

The sagging in the middle of your bed could be part of the problem and may help even without re-arranging the layers.

I’m not sure of the specifics of your bed but something like this or like this or like this could be helpful to improve the support in the center of your bed.

If you still need more firmness in the support layers after fixing the sag in the bed then moving the XL layer up would be an increment firmer than what you have now. If you need firmer support closer to the sleeping surface where it may have even more effect then switching the medium with the firm layer so the firm is directly under the comfort layer would also firm up the support.

A phone call to Shawn at SleepEz would also be a good idea … they are very good at making suggestions.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix.

Those supports were EXACTLY what I was looking for - just wasn’t able to get the right search terms in order to avoid just showing normal bed rails.

I did call Shawn, and that was also great advice.

He recommended I switch from S-M-F-XF (top to bottom of course) to:
S-F-M-XF

And if that wasn’t enough, to then try:
M-F-XF-S

Thanks again :slight_smile:

If you put the S layer on the very bottom, won’t it be similar to having an unsupported frame? The S layer will squish down, causing all the layers above it to bow.

Hi beanbag,

In a 12" mattress most of the pressure would be absorbed by the upper layers (through hysteresis) and it would also spread out over a wider area by the time it reached the bottom layers (meaning specific areas of the deeper layers wouldn’t be as compressed as layers closer to the surface) but if the ideal layering was to move the soft to the bottom so the firmer layers were closer to the top of the mattress where they will have more effect then I would probably exchange the soft layer on the bottom with a firmer layer as long as it was clear that I really didn’t need a softer layer anywhere in the mattress.

Phoenix