x

Hi john90803,

There are some suggestions in the help tab here that may be helpful if you are having trouble attaching a file to your post (document is now added)

You also need to disclose any of your own industry affiliations to post on the forum (see the forum rules here).

In looking at the Berkeley Ergonomics website here … it appears that they are claiming that their covers are made with organic cotton and organic wool. Is this what you are having an issue with? I don’t see any claims that their latex or that their mattress is organic.

As to the “value” of their mattresses … that is a more subjective assessment that would be based on each person’s criteria. As you know they have more than one mattress (including a mattress that uses 8" of latex and other components such as microcoils) and based on your type of “reductionist” analysis any mattress (including any mattresses that you may be selling yourself) could be presented in a light that it wasn’t “worth it”.

I do agree with you that the use of “organic” terminology in the industry is often misleading and can certainly be confusing and as you know there are “levels” of organic certifications (see post #2 here). I would also hazard a guess that most consumers that are looking for “organic” are really looking for “safety” but that … and many other false claims and misleading information in the industry … is an issue industry wide.

Phoenix