Yogabed

Hi everybody! Was wondering if anyone has purchased a Yogabed yet and if so can you please provide your experience so far?

I think I have narrowed down my choice to either the Novobed Aria or the Yogabed. Phoenix, do you have any thoughts on the Yogabed? Is seems like a great value and quality buy.

Thanks,

Taylor

Hi Tgordon156,

You can see some comments about Yogabed in this topic and some comments about them along with some of the other “one choice fits all” style of mattresses in post #3 here. A forum search on Yogabed (you can just click the link) will also bring up all the forum posts that mention them and more comments and feedback about them as well.

Phoenix

Thanks for the prompt response Phoenix.

Would you still agree that there are no weak links in this mattress based on the information you found?

Also, I have one more question for you. They offer their microfiber sheets online. I was thinking about ordering some with the mattress. My question is, do these sleep hotter than cotton? Or is there little difference?

Taylor

Hi Tgordon156,

Yes … you can see my comments about this in two of the posts I linked in my last reply in post #3 here …

and in post #7 here …

Microfiber is usually polyester which would tend to sleep warmer than natural fibers like cotton or “semi synthetic” fibers like viscose rayon which are better at absorbing moisture.

There is more information about sheets and bedding in post #7 here and the other posts and sources of information it links to that should be helpful.

Phoenix

Thanks for all of the helpful information Phoenix. I think I am finally down to either the Yogabed or Leesa. Based on the information you found on the mattresses, which is the best option in your opinion?

Hi Tgordon156,

The “best” option for you may be very different from the “best” option for someone else (who may have very different “finalists” or who may have very different thoughts about the two mattresses that you are considering) so only you can decide this. In addition to the posts I linked earlier there is more information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses based on all the criteria that are most important to you (regardless of whether anyone else would have the same criteria).

Basically it comes down to asking yourself three questions and answering them to the best of your ability.

1. Which one is likely to be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and which one would I be likely to sleep best on based on what I know about each of them … and what is your recourse if you “guess wrong” and don’t sleep as well on the one you choose as you hoped to when you purchased it? Since you can’t test either one in person your choice will be based on your conversations with each of them along with comparing the properties of the materials in each one. Other than this the only way to know for certain how you will sleep on either one or how it will feel and perform for you (regardless of how it will feel and perform for someone else) will be based on your actual sleeping experience. It will either be “good enough” for you in which case you would probably keep it or it won’t in which case you have the option to return it and start again.

2. Assuming that you would sleep well on both of them … which one are you most likely to sleep well on for longer? This is based on comparing the quality and durability of the materials inside each one and assessing whether either of them have any lower quality materials or “weak links” in their design. As I mentioned in the post I linked previously that discussed both of them … the Leesa uses 2" of 3 lb memory foam which is more than I would be comfortable with and could be a weak link in the mattress.

3. Which one is the best “value” based on #1 and #2 along with all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are important to you (including the price of course)?

In other words you would be making a “best guess” about the suitability of the mattress and how you will like it, checking the quality and durability of the materials inside them to make sure there are no weak links in the one you choose, and then comparing them for “value” to make your final choice.

Phoenix