your experience with Select Foam?

I am looking at making a purchase from Select Foam. They have many positive reviews on their site and are recommended here, but their BBB rating of F is worrisome to me. Can anyone here tell me about your experience with the company and what you think of their product? We are looking specifically at the Cirrus Luxe ES 13" mattress. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Hi revbner,

There may be others who reply to you as well but as you know they are a member here which means that I think highly of them. From a quality and value perspective they are among the best in the country (and they tell you all the quality information about all the foam they use so you can see this for yourself rather than going by anyone else’s opinions). They also take unusual care to match their mattresses in terms of quality, design, and feel to the Tempurpedic lineup instead of just by “feel” alone which is subjective because lower quality and less durable materials can “feel” the same as higher quality materials … they just don’t stay that way for as long.

They also have a return policy which is very generous (free) in case it becomes necessary although of course this is only a good backup and not the ideal outcome for anyone.

You can read more about the BBB and some of their rating practices with businesses which choose not to pay a significant sum to another private business in post #3 and #4 here.

They have also had some recent customer service issues with bonus bedding packages missing items or not delivered (or stolen from doorsteps which led to complaints of non delivery when it was actually delivered) but these are done by a third party and they are changing their system because of the complaints they have received. They have also had some communication issues relating to the owner becoming overinvolved in resolving some issues instead of leaving it to his customer service people who are much better at it than he is (and have the time to follow through with any issues when he usually doesn’t) but he has learned from this as well and now leaves these things to the people who are trained to deal with them better than he can.

Overall I consider them to be great quality and value even even with some of the feedback on the forum which has to do with these issues or in a couple of cases some unfair criticism IMO which had more involved in the background story than was disclosed in some of the critical forum posts by some of the members here.

I personally wouldn’t hesitate to make a purchase from them if you believed it was your best choice based on your own needs and preferences and your personal value equation.

Hopefully this gives you some balanced insight that will help in your decision.

Phoenix