Your recommendation on SelectFoam vs. Dreamfoam?

Hello (Phoenix),

After reading your informative posts on memory foam mattresses, I’ve narrowed my search down to 3 memory foam mattresses

1. SelectFoam Regalis-HD 12"

2. SelectFoam Featherlight Gel Conform Signature-12"

3. DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam

These options seem to past your memory foam 4-point test.

I am primarily a side/stomach sleeper, and am a 5’10" 185# 32 year old male. I’m leaning towards the SelectFoam Regalis because it is categorized as “Medium Firm” which may lend itself better to a side-sleeper, but I’m not sure how that would work when I sleep on my stomach; I would not want to sink in too far and wake up with a sore lower back. I would also prefer something that would not make me sweat profusely. What are your thoughts?

Hi brendant17,

As you can see in post #2 here about final choices … once you have eliminated the worst options (which you clearly have) and you are down to final choices between “good and good”, then it’s time for me to step out of the way and your decision about which one is best for you depends more on your personal criteria and which one you believe would be the the best match for your own personal value equation than on which one is “better or worse”.

Both of them are members of this site which means I consider them to be among the best quality/value available and I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to purchase from either of them. The best way to make a final choice is the combination of the all objective, subjective, and intangible factors and tradeoffs that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Excellent, thanks Phoenix!

This post is a bit old, but we recently ordered the Regalis-HD 12. I think it’s fantastic, but my wife thinks it’s a bit too soft. The firmer option from selectfoam is the Conform Signature 12.

Any thoughts on whether she’ll find it sufficiently firm (I know, I know – how will you know). Basically, will it feel firmer, as advertised?

Also, any idea on edge support in the Conform Signature versus edge support in the Regalis-HD?

Hi Kleinman-Green,

I think the best source of information would be Select Foam because they have more knowledge than anyone about their own mattresses and also have the benefit of having worked with thousands of customers and hearing their feedback.

While the Conform Signature will be firmer than the Regalis … they would probably be better able to better tell you “how much” firmer than anyone.

An even better way to know the difference based on your own actual experience would be to compare the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and the Tempurpedic Contour Signature which are roughly equivalent to the Regalis and the Conform Signature. The difference between them in terms of firmness and comfort would be close to the same as the difference between the Regalis and the Conform Signature and this way you would have a reference point based on your actual experience.

I don’t know the “quantitative” difference in edge support between them and again they would be in the best position to answer this although I would imagine they are similar because the base foams would be similar and the thickness of the memory foam layers are both 4" (neither one has specific edge support which usually isn’t necessary in a memory foam mattress). The Regalis may have a slight advantage because the memory foam layers are higher density but again they would know much better than I would.

Phoenix

OP is kind of old so I hope he can post which mattress he selected and what he thinks. I am considering very similar mattresses and would love to get his first hand review.

I too am in the market and would appreciate to hear his experieance

Me too

Has anyone in the above thread purchased the selectfoam regalis HD as mentioned? I’m interested in this mattress and would appreciate any feedback from those who have it.

Thanks!

I purchased the DreamFoam 13" gel mattress last year.

For me, it is too soft. I am 6’2, 225. The mattress feels like quick sand. Once you are in there, you are not getting out (not in a good way). Even in the winter I will sweat profusely when laying on this mattress.

My girlfriend loves it…

I am moving next week and just about to order one of the firmer dreamfoam mattresses from amazon. The mattress itself seems to be of good quality, but absolutely too soft for me. I’m shooting for the regular “ultimate dreams” mattress this time in a medium-firm (5).

Hopefully this one will be a better fit.

Hi pedzola,

I would probably agree that this mattress (or others that are similar or that use the Cloud Luxe as a reference point) may be too soft for those that are in a higher weight range. As you also mentioned … the softness of a mattress and how far you sink into a material can also affect sleeping temperature (see post #2 here).

These can both be “side effects” of this type of softer memory foam design and that a mattress that was a little firmer (such as a mattress that was closer to the Tempurpedic Rhapsody or some of the others in the Contour collection) may be a better choice.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Phoenix