Zenhaven pros and cons

It’s been 7 days and I have an excellent handle on this bed:

1. It is “flippable” from plush to medium firm but very heavy. Likely designed this way to avoid returns.
  2. No Edge Support. The 100% talalay with 1 softer side causes more rolloff. This was unfortunately found to be true whether 80 or 200lbs. Cannot even sit on edge without sliding off.
  3. Price high (2K for Queen with no box) but comparable to the others.
  4. Comfort: Found med-firm side very comfortable with good pressure relief.

Hi Rehabgal,

I do appreciate you taking the time to provide some commentary about your new mattress, so allow me to address some of your comments.

While you may personally feel that you “have an excellent handle” on this bed, 7 days is not enough time for most individuals to truly evaluate a mattress (I know you have some very specific needs that may make this different in your case), and this is one of the reasons that this is not a “review” site, as I advise caution with commentary in such a short time frame as it doesn’t tend to be information that is helpful to the vast majority of people and instead tends to be a quick snapshot that is an opinion appropriate specifically to the individual using the mattress.

The flippable design was created to provide two different levels of comfort in one mattress, hopefully to satisfy a larger number of comfort preferences and to minimize comfort returns, and the use of higher quality materials (latex) would helpfully minimize the number or warranty returns for defect. So it is designed to hopefully reduce returns in two different ways. :slight_smile:

I replied to this more completely in one of your other posts, but most foam mattresses (including latex) don’t offer or need a specific edge reinforcement system if they have a support core that is firm enough and the comfort layers are not too soft/thick. People expecting an all-latex mattress to have a hard edge reinforcement system similar to that found on a heavy-duty innerspring mattress with a polyfoam edge system will be disappointed, but you can still sleep within a few inches or so from the edge on most latex mattresses comfortably. There is more information about edge support with latex mattresses (or other foam mattresses) in post #3 here and in post #33 here.

There certainly are other all-latex offerings that are more affordable than the Zen Spring (including quite a few site members here), but overall their pricing would tend to fall “mid-pack” for an all-latex product. And while price is certainly important of course, the “value” of a mattress purchase is what is most important and price is just one of many factors that can affect the “value” of a mattress purchase.

I’m happy that you liked that level of comfort, but I know you have a specific desire for a firmer edge reinforcement system, and I provided some more information about that in my reply to your other post that I hope will be assistive.

Phoenix

Thanks, for your help. The Utube reviews on beds are not meant to but can be deceiving. Ironically cant find any real reviews for the Zenhaven, just loads of ads. Think we might look at a hybrid bed.

Hi Rehabgal,

I understand what you mean. Many are just people voicing their opinion or rolling around on the product, affording you no real objective information.

Reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here), and certainly can’t replace your personal experience that you’ve already obtained.

Phoenix