Zotto Sleep?

Does anyone have info on newcomer Zotto’s mattress? I can’t find anything on their site about density, etc. - I discovered them after reading a review saying it seemed to have more hug than T&N, Casper, or Leesa.

Phoenix, can you see any weak links in the design?

https://www.zottosleep.com/

Hi Tetril,

[quote]I can’t find anything on their site about density, etc. - I discovered them after reading a review saying it seemed to have more hug than T&N, Casper, or Leesa.

Phoenix, can you see any weak links in the design?[/quote]

They are one of about half a dozen new “simplified choice” mattresses that have just recently entered an already crowded segment that I haven’t listed yet in the simplified choice topic (see posts #1 and #2 here) because they are so new.

There is more about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price or course and the options you have available after a purchase).

While I can’t speak to how a mattress will feel for someone else … outside of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability which is all about how long you will sleep well on a mattress. This is the part of your research that you can’t “feel” and assessing the durability and useful life of a mattress always depends on knowing the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label (or how a mattress feels in a showroom or when it is relatively new) so I would always make sure that you can find out the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines here to confirm that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

While energex is a good quality material … it’s certainly not “synthetic latex” (which is how they describe it on one of the pages on their site) and as you mentioned they don’t provide any information about the quality and density of the other layers in the mattress. If you can find out the type, thickness, and quality/density of all the layers in their mattress and post it on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about it and let you know if I can see any obvious weak links in the mattress but without this information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of any mattress.

I would also keep in mind that while other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or “so called” review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range) and reviews in general certainly won’t tell you much if anything about the quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Terms like “hug” and “sinkage” and even the firmness of a mattress are all very relative and subjective and different people may have very different opinions about how a mattress feels and performs than someone else.

Hopefully you will be able to find out the specs that you need (and post them on the forum) but if for any reason they are either unwilling or unable to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed choice and make meaningful quality/value comparisons with other mattresses I would walk away.

Phoenix

ADDED: Zotto contacted me to provide the specs of their mattress and they are as follows …

Comfort Layers:
4.5 lb density dual phase change memory foam
4.0 LB density memory foam

Transition Layer:
3.10 lb density Energex high performance polyfoam

Base Layer:
1.8 lb density polyfoam

COVER:
Super Stretch 4-Way Breathable Poly+Rayon Blend
Removable, Washable, & Moisture-Wicking

Made in Salem, North Carolina

These are all good quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress relative to more average weight ranges but I would be cautious if you are in a higher weight range (more than the lower 200’s or so) where I would minimize the use of 4 lb memory foam in the comfort layers of a mattress.

Thanks Phoenix!

I have been on this millennial mattress journey for a while now. I went through Tuft & Needle already, and while I liked it (especially for the value), my wife as a side sleeper could never find the comfort she needed, saying there was not enough depth to the comfort layer. So after two months of T&N, We are now trying Nest’s Love Bed, which is a very different sort of animal!

I have enjoyed reading your tips and warnings on so many threads. I definitely am being cautious of basing my purchases on others’ reviews, and fortunately my wife is onboard with trying as many as necessary to satisfy my “newest hobby.”

I will contact Zotto and see if they will provide more specs. Thanks for your help!

I sent them a message asking for more detail on the mattress. It seems they are sourcing everything from Peterson chemical tech. Here’s what they said:

MATTRESS SPECS
Comfort Layer: 4.5 LB. Density 10 ILD
Support Layer: 4.0 LB. Density 13 ILD
Transition Layer: 3.10 LB. Density 22 ILD
Base Layer: 1.8 LB. Density 36 ILD

COMFORT LAYER: Our Comfort layer boasts cutting-edge foam technology to deliver superior comfort and restful sleep. It contours to your body for just the right amount of support and keeps you at the optimal sleep temperature. We accomplish this with a CoolFlow™ “Dual Phase Change” technology, which works to draw heat and moisture away from your body – about three times faster than conventional memory foam. The Dual Phase Change or “ThermaPhase Gel” top layer of the Zotto mattress uses some of the most advanced technology in open-cell viscoelastic gel-foam technology. See more information here: Page Not Found

SUPPORT LAYER: Slightly firmer than the Comfort layer, Zotto’s Support layer serves two main purposes: First, it provides pressure relief and proper spine alignment for healthy sleep posture through the night, particularly for side sleepers. Second, it assists in further regulating mattress temperature. Pressure relief and temperature regulation is simultaneously accomplished through our use of CoolFlow™ technology, which is a slow-recovery memory foam that improves airflow by up to 95%, when compared to traditional memory foams.
See more information here:

TRANSITION LAYER: Zotto’s Transition layer sets us apart from nearly all other memory foam mattresses. It provides an additional layer of support between the top layers and the base, delivering a smooth progression of support. The Zotto incorporates Energex™ Transition Foam which helps prevent sagging and bottoming out on the Base layer. Energex is a unique, highly adaptive, temperature-responsive foam. At the same time, it provides “localized” bounce to minimize movements that may disturb or wake your sleeping partner. Most other mattress companies skip this step. Zotto doesn’t. See more info here: Page Not Found
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: Page Not Found | Archived Footprint 2: Page Not Found | Archived Footprint 3: Page Not Found

BASE LAYER: A solid foundation is critical in building anything of quality. Zotto’s Base layer is no different. Our high-density base foam with a 36 ILD provides strength and structural support to ensure that each of the upper layers can perform their roles. Simply put, we’ve built the Zotto mattress to last!

COVER: Super Stretch 4-Way Breathable Poly+Rayon Blend
Removable, Washable, & Moisture-Wicking
Made in Salem, North Carolina

Hi Tetril,

They gave me the same specs as well and you can see my comments about the quality and durability of their materials at the end of post #2 in this topic (you can just scroll up 3 posts).

Of course the only way to know whether their mattress would be a good “match” for you in terms of “comfort” firmness, and PPP would be based on your own personal experience because mattress quality/durability specs (or even ILD or layer thicknesses which are “comfort specs”) won’t tell you much about how well you will sleep on a mattress.

Phoenix