10" Essence All Natural Latex Brooklyn Bedding

Can anyone give me the benefit of their own experience regarding Brooklyn Bedding 10" Essence All Natural Latex, Cotton cover, Wool under layer. I like what I hear about their customer service. The price is $2,449.00, No tax, Free Shipping, pillows & cover/protector are current thank you gifts.

My budget was at $1,000 as a novice Latex shopper. As I began feeling certain things to be important, like 100% natural latex over blended, no poly layer on top & no fire retardants I had to consider spending more. I realized the really good deals were less than what I hoped for; ie. foam inner layers that may have changed weights and therefore will breakdown sooner, glued mattresses, poly foam on top, which I don’t want right beneath my head.

I am writing this after a whirlwind week end of confusing myself as I educated myself.

I am near the end. Does anyone know of anything healthier or of better quality than this one from BB at 2,449.00? http://www.brooklynbedding.com/natural-latex-mattresses/10-inch-natural-latex-mattress

Am I forgetting anything? I will work with BB for dual firmess selection. The only thing I might have wanted in a perfect word would be flippable.

Good day!

Hi KSueSmith,

Hopefully you’ve read the tutorial post here.

I’m not so sure this is accurate … at least for most weight ranges. The “weak link” of a mattress in terms of its durability and the useful life of the mattress is almost always in the comfort layers … not the support layers. There is more about this in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Post #4 here has more about the factors that can lead to healthy sleeping and post #2 here and the many posts and sources of information it links to may be a useful starting point for those who are interested in more detailed levels of research that can help them answer the question “how safe is safe enough for me” with more accurate and meaningful information.

Phoenix