100% Latex or Latex Innerspring hybrid ???

I have been using this website for a while and shocked to see it’s been 2 years since I started this process. I’m curious (assuming PPP is not an issue and quality of materials are all high) as to your thoughts/preferences to the following options I am considering:
1 Latex compfort layer with latex core
2. Latex compfort layer with innerspring core
3. Latex compfort layer with innerspring core…2 sided so I can flip

Can you reccomended Northeast Ohio or online manufacturers of all latex mattress (Country Bedding of Apple Creek would be my latex/innerspring manufacturer if I opt for the hybrid). I do realize all latex would be more costly…just wanted your thoughts on the better option (quality more than value) of all latex vs hybrid.

Hi BGFalcon,

I think that would make you a “mattress research veteran” :slight_smile:

Post #28 here and Post #2 here have more information about some of the differences between an innerspring support core and a latex support core but the choice between them would be a preference choice … not a “better/worse” choice. Some of the most knowledgeable people I know that could sleep on any type of mattress they wished to sleep on a latex/innerspring hybrid but of course there are also others that would prefer all latex or other types of mattress as well.

Post #3 here has more about the pros and cons of a two sided mattress but if it’s a suitable choice in terms of PPP it would be more durable than the same mattress that used the same comfort layer on only one side … assuming that you rotate and flip it on a regular basis.

I would also keep in mind that a reasonable expectation for the useful life of a mattress would be in the range of 10 years or so and I would treat any additional time after that as “bonus time” because after that … even if a mattress is still in good condition after a decade … your own needs and preferences may change and a mattress that was suitable for you 10 years earlier may not be the best “match” any longer.

While I don’t keep a list of specific mattresses that each of the many retailers or manufacturers that are included in the hundreds of forum lists around the country have on their floor (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) … the better local options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Cleveland/Akron area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here and for the Youngstown area are listed in post #2 here and for the Erie, PA area are listed in post #313 here (with some overlap between them).

The tutorial post includes this link to a list of the online manufacturers and retailers that are a member of this site that are among the better quality/value online options I’m aware of and many of them make all latex mattresses that use different types of latex in a wide range of options, features, designs, and price ranges.

Phoenix