$100 off $500+ Tuft & Needle Purchase - AMEX Credit Card Holders

Hi Tull77,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Great deal! Just setting up a new apartment and need to move us off the IKEA sofa bed. After a poor experience with Leeds Mattress back in 2008,. I’m dreading shopping. I’m leaning toward T&N but need to do more research. Hoping for a better experience!

Hi orkan,

Welcome to the site :slight_smile:

I’m assuming that you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

There is also more about the Tuft & Needle and some of the other simplified choice mattresses in post #2 here of the simplified choice topic.

Tuft & Needle is certainly one of many good quality/value options available to you and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way as well.

Phoenix

Thank you OP and other commenters. I was on the fence about buying a mattress but with the discounts and Amex offer its almost too good to pass up.

Thanks for all the info, Phoenix. There is certainly a great wealth of information here. I hope I can glean some of it as I make my purchase.

T&N’s “transperancy” approach reminds me a lot of the apparel company, Everlane. It comes off gimmicky but the overwelhming positive reviews has changed my perceptions.

Hi orkan,

While other people’s comments or reviews about the knowledge, service, and guidance of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

When you are making an online purchase I would put a lot more trust in the trial period so that you can confirm a mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on your own experience regardless of how anyone else may feel on the same mattress).

If the Tuft & Needle does turn out to be a “good enough” match for you in terms of PPP then it also uses good quality and durable materials so there would be no weak links in the mattress that would reduce the durability or useful life of the mattress unless you are in an unusually high weight range (around the mid 200’s or so or higher).

Phoenix

Thanks for the post OP. Going to pick one up tonight!

Hi digg.jinx,

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

thanks…gonna order one today

Hi Techoin,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

I also hope you have the chance to share your comments and feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Thanks for the post, I’m about to order now.

Hi souank1,

Phoenix

Thank so much for the heads up on this! Moving to a new place next month, complete with purchasing all new (or used) furniture, so this will really help!

Thanks for posting, tempting purchase. Does T&N offer free return shipping?

Hi rkellz,

You can read more about their return policy under “Do I have to ship it back in its original box if I decide to return?” in their support page here. In most cases they will help you arrange to donate the mattress to a charity and only require the donation receipt to receive a refund but if a charitable donation options isn’t available then they will arrange to have it picked up and returned at no cost.

Phoenix

just got one from this offer. lets see how it goes! im surprised there’s a mattress forum… i mean how often do people really buy mattresses that you need a forum for? i mean sure i’ll check it when i need to buy one, but aren’t there going to be a ton of inactive users after their purchase?.. just wondering… :slight_smile:

Hi box2004,

There is so much misinformation in the mainstream industry and so many issues with mattresses that don’t hold up over time (especially with the major brands … see the guidelines here) that there are many people looking for reliable information about how to choose a mattress that they will sleep well on, that uses durable materials that will last, and that is a “good value” purchase. The lack of reliable information about mattresses are one of the biggest reasons I started the forum almost 5 years ago now (see here and here). Since mattresses are a blind purchase where the materials and components inside a mattress are mostly “invisible”, there are many people that are looking for reliable sources of “fact based” information that is outside of the “marketing stories” and claims that is the majority of the information they are exposed to when they are shopping for a mattress.

The sad reality is that those people that spend a couple of hours on this site will know more meaningful information about mattresses and mattress materials than the large majority of the salespeople that sell them in the mainstream industry and if you use the information on the site and in the tutorial then the odds are very much higher that you will end up purchasing a mattress that is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that you will sleep well on … that uses durable materials that will last you for many years, that that will be good “value” compared to other mattresses that are similar.

There are certainly many people that aren’t active members of the forum after their purchase but there are also others that have subscribed to the topics they have posted and will come back to answer questions and there are also others that continue to post on a semi regular basis after they have made their purchase. There are also several “experts” that post on the forum on a fairly regular basis as well. Even with people that are no longer active members though one of the advantages of having a forum is that all the previous questions and answers are still available for others that have similar questions.

In any case … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

You certainly made a good quality/value choice and I hope you have the chance to share your comments and experience once you’ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Great Deal! Thanks going to order one tonight

Hi Karamel,

Phoenix

Also looking to upgrade from our current 10yr old mattress. Great information on this site, and with a nice discount from Amex I think I will give the Tuft and Needle a try.