2 days in on a flo bed. Some observations

I received my flo bed this week and it’s… Something else. Having gone the customizable route before, but with memory foam, I really wasn’t looking forward to the setup, but, being a dual king made it much more manageable.

I dreaded getting the layers laid out and zipped up into the cases due to the pain in the butt it was with the queen customizable memory foam mattress it replaced.

I also bought the members mark premium bases after realizing they’re clearly made by another company, but $300 less, with the only caveat being no under bed lighting.

First off, I haven’t tinkered with layering, but the “firmness advisor” on their site seems pretty on the mark. It advised go with the big/tall, and i configured the sides for current weight and target weight since I’m in the process of losing weight. I may need to make use of the “goldilocks guarantee”, which, is a huge reason I went with them. Being able to buy layers at a fraction of the initial expense is huge in my opinion.

It took a couple weeks to ship, but the first thing that struck me was how much stuff arrives. 7 boxes worth, ranging from 42-61lbs. I considered waiting till the next day to assemble the mattresses, but I didn’t. The most taxing part of the assembly is carrying the layers to the bed and if you told the encasements over your base, it is an incredibly easy build.

Some key points if you’re considering buying one:

This won’t work using an integrated slated platform on a bed. Going that route will make arranging the layers much more challenging

Each side weighs ~115 -120 lbs so make sure the base will support the mattress and your weight. Each side of my base claims to support 750lbs so we’re well below that mark, but if you’re considering throwing this on a Ikea bed, or something with slats and a center beam with no supports, you’ll be buying those beams regularly I’m guessing…

The V-zone is much different than I was expecting. Each zone is held in place, but is completely reconfigurable. Also, the zippers face down.

Not all the layers are exact, but you may want to justify the layers towards the center of the bed, otherwise it may look odd.

If you’ve ever gone the customizable route before, you will likely appreciate how the encasements are done because it is incredibly easy to close them up. Lastly, these are, almost comedically thick, so you may want to set the base low. Also, if the pillows are the same price, go with the king size and buy separate cases, because each king is like 15-20lbs of latex and zippable cases are cheap. You should be able to make 4-8 queen size pillows from 2 kings I’m guessing.

I’d attach a couple pics, but that doesn’t appear to be an option.

Hi Twistinturns,

Thanks so much for the detailed description of the receipt and set up of your new mattress, and congratulations on your new sleep solution from @FloBeds :slight_smile: they are a longtime Trusted Member of the site, and for over 10 years have provided great quality mattresses for our forum members. and we are happy you have described your ‘set up’ process as well, as that can be a daunting thought for some consumers when mattress shopping.

Good jobs on the detailed description of the layers and particulars of the components as well… there’s nothing better than a ‘hands on’ description from a sleeper as they experience it. The Goldilocks Guarantee is a big plus for consumers who, like you - are looking down the road a bit and considering how their body profile may change significantly; allowing adjustment exchanges, as it were, can give you confidence you can always have confidence you can continue the great FloBeds experience into the future, even in the event of drastic changes in your sleep and body profiles.

Wishing you many happy comfortable nights on your new mattress!

Added Later: Sorry - I meant to answer this in my reply - to attach a photo to a post you can just copy & paste it into the text editor. It will be uploaded automatically? Or you can upload an image from your device by clicking the upload image button in the rich content editor top bar & navigate to the image file on your device. Hope that helps!

~Basilio