360 Hybrid Comfort Layer Help

My wife and I have been sleeping on the 360 Hybrid (King) for a couple weeks now. I’m nearly certain I should do a layer exchange, but could use some help. We went with Soft Talalay-Medium Talalay split for the top layer. Previously we were sleeping on a Sleep Science foam mattress w/latex topper.

My wife is 5’2" 120# (side) and has loved the soft side from the get-go. I’m 6’4" 225# (side/back) and have struggled with the medium side. I’ve been tossing and turning, dealing with soreness and some pain. Particularly when sleeping on my side. It seems like my issues might stem from a few different pressure points and overall firmness of the medium side? I’ve slept on the soft side for three nights and actually seemed to have a pretty good sleep experience. I can feel the coil system a bit more (as expected, obviously) but it’s more uniform, my body actually sinks into the mattress—where on the medium side, I really don’t at all.

I’ve been giving it some time, seeing if it was just a matter of adjusting to the new Hybrid mattress. But, after a couple weeks, it’s been relatively the same since day one—less tossing and turning now. I’m a little nervous about switching into the soft talalay as I want to make sure I’m getting the proper support through the night (and over time)—should I be worried? Would it be worth trying dunlop latex instead? Could use some advice—I’ll also have a look for other similar posts in the forum. Thanks!

Hi Jeff and thanks for the order and thanks for reaching out! The primary support in this mattress is going to come from the coils, so it should be just as supportive for you with a soft layer on top. Aside from that, we normally recommend soft for anyone under 190 pounds, but since you’re 6’4" tall, your 225 pounds is spread over a greater surface area than the average person, and if you’ve tried the soft layer and it worked out for you, there’s no reason to think you’re going to encounter any problems with a soft layer on top of the mattress. Also, please keep in mind that we make our mattress covers to be very tight at first, with the expectation that the covers will break in and loosen up in the first 2 months, so there’s a good chance that the mattress will become softer on its own within the next month and a half, and you might not need to exchange anything at all! Nonetheless, if you’d like to go through with the exchange, we would be happy to take care of that for you! Since Talalay is better at pressure relief on your hips and shoulders, I normally recommend Talalay for the top layer, especially since you’re already getting pressure point issues from the mattress.

Since this is your first layer exchange, we will only charge $30 to send you a new layer. Since you initially placed your order online and our online merchant account does not retain credit card information, we have no way of processing this payment. If you will you please call us at your earliest convenience with a debit or credit card number, we will get your exchange layer shipped out as soon as possible.

We will ship your layers first, and we will ship them with extra plastic that you can use to package your current layers, and we will ship it with a pre-paid Fed Ex return label. The boxes we ship layer exchanges in are larger than the ones that your mattress shipped in, so I recommend using the layer exchange boxes to ship your exchanged layers back. Also, if you will please call us when you are ready to ship your layers back, we will schedule a free Fed Ex pick up for you. You will have 30 days after its arrival to return a layer of your choosing, so please feel free to take the time to try a few different combinations with the layers you have now and the layer we will be sending you so that you can get your comfort and support levels just right.