5'10" 270lbs side sleeper recommendation

I’m looking for some recommendations. I’m a 5’10" 270lbs side sleeper. I like a plush sink-in feeling bed. I’ve tried an all-latex mattress but those seemed too firm and I don’t get that sink-in feeling. I’d like to see what you all recommend. Thanks for any help.

Hi jberk79 and welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:

Keep in mind when looking for a new mattress that only you can judge what feels comfortable to you…based on your stats(height, BMI, sleeping position(s), and any underlying health conditions)and your PPP(posture and alignment, pressure relief, and personal preferences). I would recommend you start with theMattress Shopping Tutorial, and also the Mattress Specifications You Need To Knowas well as the Mattress Durability Guidelines to get a better idea of the various materials used in mattresses and how they hold up over time.

You say the latex seemed to firm, but was it Dunlop (Dunlop in the same ILD is denser, feels firmer, and and has less sink in than Talalay after 25% compression) or Talalay and were they firm medium or plush comfort levels? if it’s possible, it’s always best to try out various mattress materials - latex, memory foam, hybrid, etc - so you can cross off some types from the list. It sounds like you are looking for a plush comfort layer, but as a larger BMI sleeper, you also want to make sure you have a good support layer.
Once you have determined which mattress materials feels most comfortable for you, you may want to look at the offerings of theTrusted Members of the site, as they have much experience finding the perfect mattress for consumers with just a small amount of information they can determine which mattress would be most suitable; they all have great transparency and most ship anywhere in the US and they have good warranty and return policies. In any case a little more leg work and you will be able to hopefully find the ideal mattress!

Hope this helps,

~ Basilio