About ready to order my DIY all latex. Which configuration should I go with

Im 6f2 200lbs and a side sleeper who likes a med-plush feel. Im planning a split order from SleepEZ and Arizona premium, 3" firm dunlop (37-40ILD), 3" med dunlop (30-32ILD), 2" talaly (20-24 ILD), 2"Talalay (16-19 ILD).

While Im a bit afraid Im going too soft, ive also read way to many reviews of people who went too firm on the support layer and nothing they do with transition and comfort layer seems to work because of it. A couple parts I could see swapping out are going a little more firm on the transition layer, example…

3" firm dunlop (37-40ILD), 3" med dunlop (30-32ILD), 2" talaly ((25-29ILD)), 2"Talalay (16-19 ILD).

Then for the core im not 100% set on leaving it as so and wonder if I should just do all 6in in med dunlop(30-32) or if maybe that is going a little too soft.

Also wondering, is the GOLS certification worth paying extra for from SleepEZ or is the quality of the cheaper latex good enough?

GOLS I believe is to make sure there’s no unknown dangerous chemicals in the latex so I would say it’s worth it…

Your weight would require a medium firm-firm mattress if I am not wrong , core / support layer should be 6-8 inch, for a firmer mattress consider 7 or 8 inch of support, not too sure about latex mattress support layer but should be something similar?

Experts do correct me if I am wrong, just looking to help and learn more

Thank you for reaching out! Based on the information you’ve provided, I would typically recommend a configuration of Medium (30-32ILD) Talalay over Medium (30-32ILD) Dunlop over Firm (38-40ILD) for your mattress (M/M/F). We suggest using Talalay as the top layer because it offers slightly more pressure relief and contour compared to Dunlop due to its softer nature. Dunlop, being heavier and denser, is well-suited for providing support below.

This configuration has proven to be ideal for individuals weighing between approximately 185lbs to 215lbs who primarily sleep on their side or back. The choice between a 2" and 3" thickness for your contour layer typically depends on whether you prefer an overall plush feel for your mattress surface or a more supportive one. The 3" thickness provides a plush feel, while the 2" thickness, although still offering contour and pressure relief, results in a less plush surface.

There is no discernible difference between Natural and GOLS certified Dunlop concerning feel, longevity, consistency, breathability, or off-gassing of chemicals. Non-organic natural latex is produced from raw latex using standard farming practices, whereas organic latex is farmed without the use of pesticides and under the supervision of monitoring bodies.

GOLS is the organization typically responsible for monitoring and certifying organic latex producers. In addition to farming practices, GOLS oversees materials sourcing, Fair Trade practices, and wastewater treatment, ensuring full supervision of the social and environmental impact of latex production.

If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact our office at any time.

Best regards,

1 Like