About to order Dreamfoam mattress on amazon

Going with the king size eurotop…with a firmness of 6 on one side and a little softer 7 on the other To see what i like and will swap out latex if needed…Looking for firm with a lite softness…talking with chuck from Dreamfoam and he has been extremely helpful…

It’s a little scary ordering something like this online so any last minute advice from anybody who has purchased this mattress ?

Hi Pooswa,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you’re making a great choice and the only “last minute” pieces of advice I would offer is that if two options seem similar to you after your discussions with Chuck I would go with slightly firmer over slightly softer and secondly to make sure you let them know you are a member and provide your username here so they send you the free “shredded latex” pillow bonus.

Phoenix

Ah yes, the after-purchase nail biting that comes when you realize you just purchased a bed online. :slight_smile:

I remember going through that too. It’s hard to talk yourself down even if you put a lot of thought and research into making the best decision for you. You are in a fortunate position however- you did your research, you bypassed many lesser quality products, you are supporting a business model that cares about it’s customers, and you purchased a good value product. Also, with the Euro top, you are in a position to try a whole bunch of other options or variables for a comfort layer. I wish I had the additional Euro top option when I purchased since it offers many different comfort options.

Anyways, not sure if I can take away any of the anxiety of waiting for your mattress to arrive but I’ll let you know I’ve had my Ultimate Dreams mattress for over 6 months now and love it. There are definite risks and advantages to purchasing online and while I wouldn’t recommend it for everyone, I’m impressed at how nicely the Brooklyn Bedding folks have made it for us. Hang in there, I’m sure you’ll be sleeping well soon - and don’t forget to write your experiences here too! :slight_smile:

I also just purchased this mattress on line. Chuck responded very quickly and answered all my questions. I am getting the 7 since my wife and I prefer a softer mattress, but incase it is too soft we can swap it out for a small charge.

Looking forward to getting it and I’ll post a review once we do. I also plan to get this foundation
Metal Foundation, any reason not to? Haven’t ordered it yet, Chuck said that this one would work great, I just want to make sure I pick the right one.

Thanks for all the information on this site. Saved me a ton of money potentially as we were going to purchase the cloud luxe by temperpedic for a small fortune.

I wish Canada were this easy. I just e-mailed them to see if they ship to Canada. I can barely get a simple 40’ish ILD 6 inch latex order filled in my city. Even if the shipping is 1000 bucks, I think I’ll still come out ahead with these prices (from what I see on Amazon). Guess I’ll just buy the slat box here. Thanks for posting this, it’s a great lead.

I am about to purchase an ultimate dreams mattress from brooklyn bedding I was going for the latex and foam mattress they make but am stuck on what level to get. I was thinking a 7 since I want a plush feeling but also need support I am a side sleeper. either way they look like a great company to purchase from with excellent customer service which is rare these days. Hope you enjoy your bed!!

ndog, I am the same as you in terms of side sleeping/comfort. I am going with the 7 as it seems to be the right choice, but the good news is if it isn’t we can swap it out for a different level.

Enjoy your bed as well!!

Hi Justinb181,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think the Eurotop is a particularly good choice because of the layer swap available if it’s necessary.

I think the Malouf foundation would work fine as well :slight_smile:

@ ndog25,

I think the best plan is to talk with Chuck. I think most of the people who have ordered this mattress will tell you he has been very helpful with their firmness selection and with his knowledge of their mattresses and their database of customers of all different shapes and sizes, he is in the best position to help. A phone conversation with him on the phone to let him know your height, weight, and sleeping positions and any other feedback from your local testing that may be relevant is the best way to make your firmness choice.

@Hobotrader,

My understanding is that they don’t ship to Canada but if you find out otherwise I hope you let us know :slight_smile:

As a PS to everyone … make sure you let them know you are a member here so they will send you your free shredded latex pillow.

Phoenix

Justin,

I know this was awhile ago, but now that you’ve had the chance to try the mattress for a couple months, what are your thoughts? I’m considering the same mattress.

I was wondering the same thing, has anyone tried the 7 and felt it was the right choice for side sleeping? Many of those on Amazon had stated they should have gotten something higher because it wasn’t as plush as they thought…I was thinking of 7 too.