Adjustable bed frames - Any reviews, feedback, opinions

Looking to get an adjustable bed frame. Are there any trusted reviews, feedback, opinions on the different adjustable bed frames available? Any internet retailers that offer good pricing/shipping? I have a general idea of the features that I want, but lots of choices out there.

Hey Piperpilot12w and newly anointed MUGster (sleeper, consumer, subscriber etc)

Adjustable beds come in many iterations with a host of options to improve sleep, health and comfort.

I am not an expert in that area, but I remember @TheCleanBedroom offers a few options in that area.

I dont doubt that many of our Trusted Members offer adjustable bed frames, but the one that comes to the top of my head is @TheCleanBedroom. I remember that @DLX offers a base without the fabric cover that some folks prefer. I am told it is a dust collecting issue, but I will defer to them to explain that part of it.

While I am not the expert on individual base selection, there are a host of benefits that adjustable bases offer. Here I have compiled a list.

An adjustable mattress base, also known as an adjustable bed or power base, offers several benefits that can enhance comfort, health, and overall well-being. Here are some of the key advantages:

1. Customized Sleep Positions:
  • Users can adjust the head and foot positions of the mattress, allowing for a personalized sleeping or resting position. This customization is particularly beneficial for individuals with specific health conditions or comfort preferences.
  1. Improved Comfort:
  • Adjusting the mattress to different angles can alleviate pressure points and provide better support for various parts of the body. This can be especially beneficial for those with back pain, acid reflux, snoring issues, or other discomforts.
  1. Enhanced Circulation:
  • Elevating the legs or upper body can help improve blood circulation, reducing the risk of swelling in the legs and providing relief for conditions such as edema.
  1. Alleviation of Snoring and Sleep Apnea:
  • Elevating the upper body can help reduce snoring and may provide relief for mild cases of sleep apnea by keeping the airways open.
  1. Assistance with Medical Conditions:
  • Adjustable bases can be helpful for individuals with medical conditions such as arthritis, asthma, or acid reflux, as changing the position of the bed can alleviate symptoms and improve overall comfort.
  1. Convenience for Daily Activities:
  • Adjustable bases are not only for sleeping; they can also be used for activities such as reading, watching TV, or working on a laptop. The versatility adds convenience to daily life.
  1. Partner Compatibility:
  • Dual adjustable bases allow each side of the bed to be adjusted independently, accommodating different preferences for couples sharing the bed.
  1. Enhanced Relaxation:
  • The ability to adjust the bed to a comfortable position can promote relaxation and stress relief, making it easier to unwind before sleep.
  1. Improved Sleep Quality:
  • By providing a more comfortable and customizable sleep environment, an adjustable mattress base can contribute to better sleep quality and, consequently, overall health.
  1. Long-Term Investment:
  • While adjustable bases may have a higher initial cost, many users find them to be a long-term investment in their health and well-being. The potential benefits in terms of comfort and improved sleep may justify the higher upfront expense.

Best of luck on your search for the perfect adjustable base match!

Norm (aka Maverick)

1 Like

DLX offers one adjustable bed option among many available in the market. When considering an adjustable bed, here are some key points to keep in mind:

• Ensure mattress compatibility with the adjustable base. Not all mattresses are suitable for use with adjustable bases.
  • Verify the weight capacity of the motors to accommodate the combined weight of users and the mattress without straining the motors.
  • When deciding which features are important, such as USB ports, LED lights, remote functionality, iPhone-enabled apps, massage feature, etc., it’s important to consider that these features are subjective and vary based on personal preference – there is no right answer. However, we do have an opinion on one feature - the massage. It’s important to note that the massage feature is more akin to a simple vibration rather than a full massage chair experience. Therefore, whether a model includes this feature or not shouldn’t significantly impact your decision. Additionally, we recommend opting for a model with a wireless remote for added convenience.
  • Determining the quality of an adjustable bed can be tricky, but generally speaking, most adjustable beds from reputable retailers tend to be of good quality. However, it’s advisable to steer clear of models that utilize a wire grid to support the mattress, such as the one found here. These wire or metal bars are not ideal for long-term mattress support as they have a tendency to bend or deform over time, resulting in a mattress sagging or reduced supportiveness even out of the box.
    The model mentioned above clearly shows its wire or metal bar construction, but many others are covered in fabric, making it difficult to discern their internal structure without consulting assembly instructions or checking the bed’s weight. For optimal mattress support with any mattress not just DLX, we recommend opting for models that incorporate planks like particle board or plywood in non-bending areas, as these materials offer superior support and longevity.
  • The wall hugger feature sparks some debate and opinions vary depending on whom you ask so there’s no definitive right or wrong stance here. A wall-hugger bed is an adjustable bed designed to minimize its footprint when upright. As you raise your head, the mattress slides back toward the wall. Conversely, a non-wall-hugging base extends outward when raised. Concerns arise with non-wall-hugging bases that you may end up too far from your nightstand. However, in our experience, this concern is often overstated and might only keep you a few inches closer to the wall. Even with a wall-hugger base, some loss of bedside space is inevitable when the head is elevated – it’s just the nature of the design. To address this, some users slightly move their nightstands to ensure continued access to the bedside table. Ultimately, the importance of this feature depends on personal preference.
1 Like

Thanks for that information. Very helpful