Advice needed

Phoenix,

My wife and I have been strongly considering the Perfect Top Series from Brooklyn Bedding and were looking mostly at the 12" Bamboo Bliss. I’m a pretty big guy (260lbs) and I’m now concerned that the comfort layer on the Bamboo Bliss may be too thin for my weight. I sleep mostly on my stomach and back, but will sleep on my side from time to time. I had chatted with one of their support reps, Carlos, and thought I was set on ordering the Bamboo Bliss with a firmness layer of 5, but now I’m having second thoughts.

Do you think the Bamboo Bliss will be adequate or should I consider upgrading to the 14" Aloe Alexis? My budget was around the price of the Bamboo Bliss, but if I need to extend it further then we can consider it.

Thanks so much for your help and all of the incredibly valuable information on this site.

Hi Wahoo,

You can see my thoughts about the pros and cons of an all latex mattresses and latex/polyfoam hybrids and a mattress like the Alexis which is “in the middle” of the two because of the extra layer of latex in post #2 here along with post #2 here which it also links to.

Post #2 here also includes some links to posts and topics which may help in your choice between them.

As you can see … I would personally lean towards thicker or multiple layers of latex vs a single layer with higher weights if your budget allows it.

Phoenix