I am a brand new member. Been pouring over the site and forums for a few days. Really a lot of information overload.
What I cannot find are suggestions for specific brand/bed given criteria. I suppose since there are many many combinations of criteria, it would be hard to write out an article on that.
With that said, i would appreciate if I can get suggestions based on my specific needs:
Background: I sleep on a 10 year old coil mattress. My future wife sleeps on a tempurpedic cloud mattress.
We need to decide on a new bed. We live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am a combination sleeper (side or back). My future wife is dominant side sleeper with little of back.
Our needs are:
- King Size - Not an issue. all beds should be able to be bought in king size
- Movement Isolation - I move a lot during my sleep. I need a bed that can isolate that movement to my area only.
- Cooling - My body generates a lot of heat. (i guess most men are like that). I need a bed that helps cool the bed so it doesnt affect my wife.
- Low to No off-gassing - I heard that off-gasing from beds can cause bodily hard. I do not see concrete evidence yet. So this is just a preference.
- natural/good for environment - yet another attribute that makes me feel better that i am doing less harm to the earth.
- price range - $1-$4000.
We are leaning towards Essentia Energie Opus. I read the threads how they not transparent with their product and they do flat out lie about somethings. I went and tried their beds in person. They felt good so i know it is an option for us. If someone can provide options that are better, i am all ears. I definitely do not want SleepNumber. I think the concept of changing the firmness of a bed to be weird. I ruled out Tempurpedic because the ones with the “breeze” feature costs 4k. If that is the case i rather go with Essentia even given their negative points.
I hope i provided enough info for an assessment.
Thank you for reading this =D