Airweave New Advance mattress review

This mattresss feels amazing. Looking for a mattress for my back pain. Back sleeper. 225 pounds, 5ft 11in. Male.

I found a showroom in LA that had an Air Weave. Showroom is Areahome.com and aka Area in LA. Im told that a few of the Sleepare locations will have the AW, but none near me.

The mattress is made of fishing line resin. Sort of looks like synthetic plastic uncooked Ramen noodles. Do focus on fishing line because it feels amazing.

Felt amazingly firm yet comfortable. For my back, it felt “healthy”. I felt that my back pain would cease and it would not sag. Felt cool. I think Aireweave is everything Tempurpedic ever wanted to be. AW seems so durable. Im in love and now obsessed. I think half of side sleepers will like it.

A few “cons” though:
-real expensive, but can be overcome
-can not use on an adjustable base
-wife side sleeper felt it was too firm (5ft 1in, 110 pounds).

I guess there are 3 sections with a firm and soft side. Each section can be flipped. I did not try this. I may take wife back to showroom and have her try the soft sides.

Feelz so incredible for back sleepers with back pain.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you buy this mattress or did you just do some in person testing? We’d love to hear more about his this alleviated your backpain. The material sounds interesting. I’m excited to delve in and learn more about it. Is the entire mattress made up of this material or does it have a fiber filling in the comfort layer as well?

NikkiTMU

Nikki,

I did about 45 minutes of in person testing. I did not buy it yet. I felt my back already feeling better. It was the mattress that had 3 zones that are flippable. I was sort of disappointed that you could not customize my side differently than my wifes. I cant emphasize enough how amazing it felt while lying on my back. It felt firm, but comfortable. Felt durable too. I know its a nebulous term, but it felt “healthy” which to me meant supportive of the back.

I did not check out whether there was a pillowtop cover on it. I did lay on an AirWeave topper on top of an innerspring mattress and that felt good. I will be going back to Area in Los Angeles for more testing.

John

Hi John,

It sounds like it made a great first impression and that’s always a green flag in mattress shopping. The back support also sounds great, especially if that’s what you’re specifically needing for your sleeping profile.

NikkiTMU