Alexander Select from Nest Bedding

My wife and I are looking for a mattress and today we tried and really liked ‘Alexander Select’ from Nest Bedding. This is their new model and there is no information about it online or in the shop. The local Nestologist told us that it should be similar to their Love Bed (latex/foam hybrid).
Does anybody have any more info on this mattress?

Hi ivanrajkovic,

When I talked with Joe Alexander a week ago (the day before he was getting married by the way) he was telling me about his new Alexander line and he was very excited about them.

I know they use good quality materials but I don’t remember the specifics off the top of my head so you will need to ask them to find out the type and the quality/density of the materials inside it. They will be the most reliable source for this type of information. If you can find out the information listed here and post it on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality/durability of the materials and the mattress as a whole.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/valuecomparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix

Hi ivanrajkovic,

I just talked with Joe (who was still on his honeymoon and was actually on the golf course when I called :)) and he confirmed that the Alexander Select has 2" of 4 lb gel memory foam over 2" of 4 lb memory foam over a 2 lb polyfoam support core so it uses good quality materials and there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress.

As you mentioned it’s brand new on the floor so some of the salespeople may not be familiar with it yet. It may be similar in terms of firmness to one of the three firmness choices for their “Love Bed” but it would have a completely different feel because the comfort layers are memory foam rather than latex (which is a much more resilient material). Both would make good quality/value choices but there is more about the differences between memory foam and latex in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi All,

2" gel 4lb
2" 4lb visco
8" convoluted support foam

Sorry I don’t have this up on the site yet. Just excited to get it on the floor. A softer and firmer model coming this week then will launch on the site.

Oh, and a little convoluted foam in the quilted top

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting the specs (and correcting mine which listed the middle layer as 5 lbs … which I’ve edited :)).

Phoenix

Thank you both for all the info, this will help us a lot in making a decision which mattress to get.

Ivan