Amerisleep AS4

Hi Phoenix, I am looking at purchasing the AS4 by Amerisleep. After reading different reviews and watching videos I felt pretty good about the company overall. I have searched your mattress forums and didn’t get that same vibe about the Amerisleep . Recently I did a bed match at a local mattress store and the Temurpedic Cloud was chosen for me to try. I actually loved it but not the price. Being a combo sleeper ( side-back) I thought the AS3 , however Amerisleep customer service suggested the AS4. My CS rep was not pushy at all just the opposite. I felt I wanted more info from her. Again , the reviews about the company seem positive from materials, comfort and service. I have never slept on a MF bed and am having a hard time ordering without seeing it. Firm is definitely not for me , probably in the medium to soft. Would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions. Thank you!

Hi , I am looking at purchasing the AS4 by Amerisleep. After reading different reviews and watching videos I felt pretty good about the company overall. I have searched your mattress forums and didn’t get that same vibe about the Amerisleep . Recently I did a bed match at a local mattress store and the Temurpedic Cloud was chosen for me to try. I actually loved it but not the price. Being a combo sleeper ( side-back) I thought the AS3 , however Amerisleep customer service suggested the AS4. My CS rep was not pushy at all just the opposite. I felt I wanted more info from her. Again , the reviews about the company seem positive from materials, comfort and service. I have never slept on a MF bed and am having a hard time ordering without seeing it. Firm is definitely not for me , probably in the medium to soft. Would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions. Thank you!

HI Jamielou,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

From what I’ve been able to gather, but I’m not 100% certain, the specifications on the AS4 seem to be 4" 4 lb memory foam, 1" 1.65 lb SMT polyfoam, and a 7" 1.8 lb polyfoam support core. These materials, if correct, would generally be considered adequate for someone below a high BMI range, although at a bit of a higher price point than other memory foam mattresses using “similar” constructions. AmeriSleep is a sister company to AstraBeds and SimplyRest. Their memory foam mattresses are made by Anatomic Global which is owned by Foamex/FXI.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would be cautious about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Most of the pressure mapping systems are specific to a certain line of mattress and aren’t really relevant to mattresses as a whole which have different constructions. They also only measure surface pressure (which you can often feel in your own personal testing) but don’t provide input into alignment or how the pressure is distributed in the deeper body tissues or include the differences in physiology between people (pressure affects different people differently). There are a few more comments in post #2 here and post #4 here about pressure mapping systems.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc.) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs, options, and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else. Also, you’ll want to be sure to become completely familiar with any potential return/exchange policies when ordering online, should your purchase unfortunately turn out not as you had hoped.

While not a complete listing, you may wish to look online and use the experience and expertise of the members listed in post #21 here who are all very experienced and knowledgeable and specialize in providing the type of help and guidance on the phone that can help you make good choices. There are a wide range of memory foam and other options included in the choices there and I believe that all of them compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. In addition to the online members of the site listed in the previous membership link, post #12 here has some other online memory foam options for those who are looking for a memory foam mattress.

You may also wish to take a look at the mattress shopping tutorial here and follow the steps outlines there which will assist you in comparing/analyzing mattresses.

Hopefully that gives you a bit more information, but I’ll be happy to answer more specific questions that you may have.

Phoenix

BTW, I deleted your other post, as it was almost a duplicate of your first one.