Another recommendation topic

I am looking for recommendations on SleepEz mattresses for the following profiles:

Current frame: King aluminum bed frame, wood slats 1.5" apart.
Male, 6’3, 195lbs, side-sleeper, some lower back pain
Female, 5’4, 140lb, side-sleeper

Current mattress is “Olee Sleep 13 inch Galaxy Hybrid Gel Infused Memory Foam and Pocket Spring Mattress” that has completely failed over the course of 3 months.

I put these profiles in the latex organic mattress and it came back with:

Male: medium talalay / medium dunlop / firm dunlop / extra firm dunlop
Female: soft talalay / medium dunlop / firm dunlop / extra firm dunlop

I did some research on reddit and found a couple posts about the personalize calculator being off and that the above profile was way too firm, like concrete firmness. So I’m left wondering what actually worked well for people on here. I don’t want to have to jump through multiple rounds of layer substitutions when the price is already substantial.

Hello Bewards

Thank you kindly for reaching out to us! Based on the information you have kindly provided, I would agree with the configurations you have listed for both you and your wife. If you are going with the 13" model, at 195lbs, the Medium Talalay / Medium Dunlop / Firm Dunlop / XFirm Dunlop is the right place to start! The Medium Talalay will provide you with the pressure relief you will need for side and/or back sleeping, while the M/F/XF Dunlop will provide gradual support below. Should you decide to go any firmer, you have many options with this set of layers to do just that. Here are a couple of examples: Medium Tal / Firm Dunlop / Medium Dunlop / XFirm Dunlop. And for a significantly firmer setup: Medium Dunlop / Firm Dunlop / Medium Talalay / XFirm Dunlop. The rule of thumb is that the closer the firmer layers are to the top of the mattress, the more supportive your mattress surface will be.
For your wife, the Soft Talalay on top will provide her with similar contour and pressure relief that a medium will for you at your weight. And the M/F/XF Dunlop layers below will provide the same gradual support for her.
Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime! Feel free to call us as well. You can reach us at 480-966-8731. Thanks again, have a terrific weekend!

SleepEZ

I shop Natural Latex Mattress from Costco, fantastic quality. Been shopping with them for over a decade for various family mattress needs.