Any experience with Comfort Sleep Systems in CT?

Hello All,

Came across this website while googling for a mattress retailer today in the New Haven Connecticut area. Am planning to do some mattress shopping and was wondering what people thought of Comfort Sleep Systems in Branford, CT.

I am the type of person who would rather buy from a local business instead of a big box store. Their website seemed really interesting with several selections. We plan on going there this weekend, but just wanted to see if anyone could give us insight/tips before we go there.

After reading a lot of these blog posts, we are really eager to try some of the latex mattress options (currently on a pillow top innerspring of 10 years).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hallie

Hi Hallie06512,

As you probably know from your reading here they are a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Post #17 here has more of my thoughts about them as well.

Hopefully some of the members here that have dealt with them will see your post and share their comments but outside of the reply to your other post here … you can read some feedback about them here and here and here and here.

An exact phrase site search on Comfort Sleep Systems along with a forum search on comfortcss and on CSS (you can just click the links) will bring up all the other forum comments about them as well.

Phoenix

Thank you for that information - its really helpful! We plan on going there Saturday so I will post afterwards about our experience.

Hi Hallie06512,

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I wanted to comment on my experience with Comfort Sleep Systems in Branford, CT over the weekend. They were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with.

I was not sure what to expect since CSS is a factory showroom, but the showroom is really really nice — Very clean, warm, and welcoming. The sales rep Sara showed me the talalay latex mattresses. I tried the Ultra Performance (which comes in two difference firmnesses) first and I instantly LOVED IT! However, to be sure Sara had me try out some of the other mattresses as well. She was very patient with me and never pressured me. I ended up ordering the Ultra Performance with the firmer base for the extra support. It comes in a 3 layer talalay latex system with a bamboo quilted top. Very comfortable & supportive.

Not only did I buy a mattress, I also bought a custom upholstered bed and headboard. CSS also makes this! I was able to pick out the fabric that I like to match my bedroom. I am so excited about this!

After doing lots of research and shopping I was very confused with the mattress industry (before going to CSS). CSS made the process very easy and pressure-free. I actually feel like I know exactly what I am getting and in good hands. They really know what they are doing and they know all about the different materials. They will even show you the factory and raw materials that go into the mattress.

I would HIGHLY recommend going to Comfort Sleep Systems in Connecticut. :slight_smile:

Hi Hallie06512,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with Comfort Sleep Systems … I appreciate it!

It’s great to see that your experiences were the same as some of the other members here that have purchased their mattress there and also think very highly of them (as I do as well).

Most importantly, congratulations on your new mattress … you did well :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I just wanted to give an update on our new Comfort Sleep Systems mattress. The mattress was delivered on Saturday and we have been sleeping like babies since! Time will tell how we feel about it in a few months from now, but our initial reaction is that this is the most comfortable mattress we have ever sleep on! I am so glad we came across this website and discovered Comfort Sleep Systems in the process. Thank you!!

Hi Hallie06512,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update … and it’s great to hear that things are working out so well for you :).

Phoenix

I just found some earlier posts, so no need to respond to my request unless you have something new. I will post about our experience at CSS later. So excited!!

Hi Mar6cia.

I saw your new posting after I already replied to your previous inquiry. I see that you found the information I previously pointed to and I hope you can extract some advise from my last post regarding what to look for when shopping for a mattress. I am glad that you are visiting Comfort Sleep Systems ( Trusted Members of this site ) They have a large selection of mattresses to suit just about everyone and any budget range. I trust that you are in good hands with them.

Good luck with your trip and I look forward to hear about your experience.

Phoenix

Good evening. I’ve seen several posts indicating Comfort Sleep Systems is a Trusted Member, but when I look at the TM page, I don’t see them listed. Do they request to be removed or are they removed for not meeting the TMU requirements any longer?

I live just a bit east of Hartford (CT) and they are the closest manufacturer/seller I’ve been able to find (about an hour drive). Thinking of heading down this weekend to try some mattresses that they think would be appropriate for folks in the 300# range.

I’m just wondering if I should be concerned that they were a Trusted Member, but no longer appear to be one.

pat----

Hey Pat,

Welcome to the TMU Forum :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

You are correct, CSS is no longer a member of our site for various reasons but we are very familiar with them. Most often it’s just a business decision between TMU and former members as to why the membership was discontinued. We are still recommending their products to consumer subscribers and maintain a good relationship with CSS. Like other companies out there that have good quality products and are not TMU members, I definitely think it would be worth the driving time to go and visit them to try their products. Sarah and their dedicated team genuinely cares about their customers and will personalize mattresses to fit the needs of the individual customer.

Looking forward to future updates or any other questions you may have :slight_smile: .

Cheers,
Sensei

It’s reassuring to see that even after a Trusted Member is no longer associated with the forum that TMU may continue to endorse them and their products if they feel they still offer a quality product. It shows the integrity of this forum since many other administrators would no longer support the company in any way once their relationship has been terminated.

Sensei,

Thank you for the response. That’s reassuring given that they are the only manufacturer direct sales I found within an hour drive. :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely follow up with my experience.

pat----