Any experience with Technogel Mattress Estasi+ or Armonia or Piacere

Hi PrimeNo35,

As you mentioned your experience is a good news/bad news scenario but at least you will be able to focus on the part of it that is the good news and start over again and hopefully with the help of the information here make a more suitable choice this time.

There is more about Vi Spring and other “ultra premium” mattresses in post #2 here and post #2 here.

In some cases a mattress in this budget range may be “worth it” for a particular person that isn’t price sensitive and that has specific criteria that aren’t available in lower budget ranges but this would be unusual and in general I would need a very compelling reason that clearly indicated there was “enough” of a difference in “real life” compared to many other mattresses that may be just as suitable in terms of PPP (including temperature regulation), just as durable, and that are in much lower budget ranges to justify the higher cost based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

You are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own personal testing or sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I can certainly help you to narrow down your options by identifying any lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress or act as a fact check or answer any specific questions you may have along the way that I can help with and help you with “how” to choose but only you can decide which specific mattress, company, or manufacturer is the best match for you in terms of PPP and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Latex in general is the most breathable and temperature regulating of the different types of foam materials (polyfoam, memory foam, latex foam) but there are also many other variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress besides just the type of foam that is used inside it including the type of cover and quilting in a mattress, the mattress protector or mattress pad you use, your sheets and bedding, and where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range that can all interact together and have a significant effect on sleeping temperature. There is more about the many variables that can affect sleeping temperature in post #2 here that can help you choose the type of materials that will have the best chance of keeping you in a temperature range that you are comfortable with.

While I can only speak in terms of “probabilities” because not everyone fits inside the “averages” that would apply for most people … in very general terms it would be unusual for someone to have temperature regulation issues with a mattress that includes latex comfort layers and that has a wool quilted cover like the Berkeley Ergonomic mattresses.

Since surface temperature would depend on so many variables it wouldn’t really be possible for a manufacturer to provide the kind of information you are suggesting about changes in the surface temperature of a mattress over the course of the night because there would be so many differences between different people and circumstances and a mattress that stays inside a comfortable temperature range for “most” people may not provide a comfortable temperature range for “all” people.

If you aren’t certain that a mattress would be a suitable choice for you then I agree that it would be important to make sure that you are comfortable with the options you have after a purchase to make changes to a mattress or exchange individual layers or the mattress itself or even in the worst case to return the mattress for a refund although this is a less common option with local purchases that you can test in person. I would also keep in mind that exchange and return policies are built in to the cost of a mattress and the people that don’t return or exchange a mattress are the ones that pay for the ones that do so exchange/return policies that involve exchanging or returning a whole mattress rather than individual layers can add a significant amount to the cost of a mattress.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visits … and of course any questions you may have along the way as well.

The tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) that compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency that would be well worth including in your research if you are considering online options. Tuft & Needle is one of the members that are listed there.

Many online retailers and manufacturers have a very good return policy which can significantly reduce the risk of an online purchase.

Post #2 here also has more about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that is the most suitable “match” for each person’s specific needs and preferences and how to identify and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

The foam they use is very breathable and isn’t temperature sensitive like memory foam so “in theory” and based on the feedback I’ve seen on the forum most people wouldn’t be likely to have temperature regulation issues on their mattress.

Phoenix