Any feedback on Loom & Leaf mattress by Saatva?

We are mattress shopping and are thinking about the Evo Sleep (Sherwood) Conforma Gel 5.0, which we tested at Urban Mattress last weekend. I came across an ad for this new mattress by Saatva that sounds interesting and somewhat similar, but is less expensive. Others have asked about the Evo Sleep Conforma Gel mattress, and it has been given high marks. The specs for the Loom & Leaf are the following:

Support base 5.5"
This is our high-density foam core which acts as the foundation and support for the layers above.
Transition loft pad 2"
This luxurious transfer layer rests between our 5.5" support base layer and our 5 lb. memory foam Layer. This layer works vertically to provide “transition or transfer”, which allows the layers above and below to work off of one another, providing support, conforming properties, and healthy comfort.
5 lb. visco-elastic memory foam 2.5"
This is the core or “heart” of the mattress, and the layer that gives your body that deep contouring support. Our high quality visco elastic memory foam in this layer is certified by CertiPUR-US®, which means our foam has met rigorous and specific criteria for physical performance, indoor emissions and environmental stewardship.
Enhanced conforming and cooling 2"
Our patented gel-on-gel design in this top layer is unique and provides a cool, supportive sleep environment in three ways:

• This convoluted 4 lb. top memory foam layer uses a “gel-swirl” construction technique that provides even distribution, allowing it to provide a cooling sensation throughout the foam layer.

Does this sound like a high quality option? I’d be a bit nervous buying online, but the return policy seems excellent.

Hi LynnGA,

You can see my comments about the new Saatva Loom & Leaf memory foam mattress in post #2 here.

As you can see they aren’t completely transparent about the quality/density of all the layers in the mattress and the 4 lb density memory foam is convoluted which would reduce the durability of the 4 lb gel memory foam.

While they do have a good return policy … the results of lower quality/density or less durable materials won’t show up in the trial period and would only be apparent over the longer term so I would consider this to be a somewhat risky choice both because of the lack of complete transparency and because of the 2" convoluted layer in upper layers of the mattress which could be a weak link" in the mattress.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. I had done a search for loom & leaf, but the other thread didn’t show up, so I apologize for the repeat question. I guess we’ll stick with the evosleep model.

Hi LynnGA,

No problem at all. When you use an ampersand in a search it cuts of anything after the ampersand. If you do a forum search on Loom Leaf (you can just click the link) then all the forum posts that include both words will show up.

I would make sure that you know the density of all the foam layers in the Evosleep mattress you are looking at as well (see this article) to make sure there aren’t any lower quality/density materials or weak links in it either.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix