Any great deals on the St. Dormier?

I love to get a good deal… :slight_smile:
So I was wondering if anyone has come across a deal on the St. Dormier wool mattress protectors?

My present mattress (memory foam) sleeps hot which is my biggest complaint about it. I am hoping to make it bearable until I figure out which latex mattress to get and then I can use the St. Dormier on the new mattress too. I am looking for a king size with the 10" depth.

Hi tarnator,

The St Dormeir doesn’t go on sale very much that I’ve seen but there are some differences in the prices that are charged by different outlets. The best regular price I know of is here and they are currently on sale as well (and sale prices on the St Dormeir is not the norm).

Bear in mind that different types of mattress protectors can reduce the amount of heat that reaches the memory foam underneath it which can change the feel and performance of the memory foam underneath it (make it slower to soften with heat).

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix,
I found that one already and emailed them. I guess they carry the 16" depth. I was really hoping for the 10", but it might be worth it to get the sale price unless anyone else out there has seen anything else?

Hi tarnator,

St Dormeir only makes a 16" version (for mattresses up to 12" thick) and a 24" version (for thicker mattresses up to 20" thick) that is generally available (at least that I’m aware of). There is one retailer in Canada that also carries a 12" version but that is exclusive to them.

Phoenix

Thanks,
i didn’t realize that the 12" one that I saw on the Canadian website wasn’t available anywhere else. I pulled the trigger on the flobeds one - seems like a good price!

Hi tarnator,

It’s the lowest price I’ve seen on the web and I think you did well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Does a 16" pocket work on an 8-9" mattress? I wondered about sheet pockets, too?

Hi pvanheuklom,

Yes the 16" Dormeir will work fine on any mattresses up to about 12".

Most “standard” sheet pocket depths would also be fine (not the deeper ones that are designed for thicker mattresses) … particularly if they are elasticized all the way around and fit more tightly. Most sheet manufacturers will tell you the depth of mattress they would be suitable for but in general a sheet that has a pocket that is too shallow is more of an issue than one that is a little bit deeper than you need. You can also get sheets where you can choose the depth of your pocket such as here where you can choose a pocket that is in the range of 1" - 3" deeper than the thickness of your mattress.

Phoenix

I too had considered teh St. Dormier but the cost was too high for me for a cal king size mattress. I originally tried one that was supposed to be breathable that made me wake up in the middle of the night from the heat it held into the mattress. I contacted the manufacturer of the mattress and he suggested I try one of theirs, it is an organic all cotton one and although it wont protect against water it does protect my mattress and makes it easy to clean because we only have to remove the protector and sheets to wash. It was a lot less expensive then the St. Dormier. http://www.tempflow.com/mattress_protector.htm

First of all, thanks for the informative and reliable service you provide to those earnestly doing their due diligence searching and researching for their bedding needs. Just wanted to share that I found a better deal (for now) here:[MODERATOR NOTE: Promotional link removed.]

Hi wenisleep,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

It’s odd for someone’s first post here on the forum to be advertising/promotional in nature (especially on an old thread), so I tend to err on the side of caution and I’ve deleted the link in your post. You can read more about the rules of the forum here.

Thank you.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix, Thanks! Is it odd?? I’m only trying to help out because I simply found a better deal and wanted to share. I apologize if it seemed ad/promo in nature.

I did a search in our forum specifically for reviews on the “St. Dormier” for my new latex mattress and it brought me to this helpful albeit an older post so I thought I’d contribute and update it with a better deal found elsewhere, since I too was looking for a better deal. How about this… I was excited to share I paid $187 (free shipping and no tax) vs. $216.67 (w/ tax & shipping).

I had forgotten about the forum rules but I totally get it. Thanks again for all you do!

Wendy

Hi wenisleep,

Thank you! I do appreciate it.

Phoenix