Any mattress Black Friday deals?

Was wondering if any good deals happening over Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Hi winstongt4,

I would keep in mind that the better manufacturers and retailers don’t generally “negotiate” (see post #6 here) or have “fake sales” with large discounts based on the time of year or holidays (see the guidelines here and post #5 here). While they may have sales with smaller discounts … I would treat retailers or manufacturers that negotiate their prices or have “major holiday sales” as a red flag because manufacturers or retailers that sell good quality/value mattresses don’t need to negotiate or have “fake sales” with misleading discounts to create a false sense of urgency and they sell good quality/value mattresses every day of the year at prices that are already very reasonable.

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Phoenix

Black Friday was originally an electronics end of fiscal year sale so that they can get rid of previous year models to make room for new stock but it’s now become such a joke that even here in Canada walking into McDonalds you get Black Friday deals…LOL

Don’t get me wrong there are still plenty of good deals on Black Friday if know the MSRP of the item you want to get, otherwise there’s just so many gimmick sales going on Black Friday it’s hard to tell if which items are truly on sale.

I stopped in Your Organic Bedroom in Paoli yesterday and all SavvyRest mattresses were 20%. Sale ends today (Sunday.) Maybe other dealers have the same deal?

That’s a promotion coming from Savvy Rest corporate, so I would expect every Savvy Rest retailer would be offering it.