Anyone familiar with Rest Right Mattress out of Texas and their Kingship Comfort line?

I’ve had a couple extremely encouraging conversations with owner, Jesse, the last few days and thought I’d check in here before finalizing my purchase. Surprised to see no mention of them within this forum, as they seem to fit the general ethos here to a T.

They seem to make a fantastic product at a fair price with interchangeable latex materials. Love the idea of a DIY feel, but premade for me, so I don’t have to worry about screwing anything up. My significant other and I definitely decided we liked the feel of latex and are trying to get as close to the feel of a Serenity Latex mattress from The Original Mattress factory as we can, if anyone here is familiar with that one and its specs. I’m getting off track.

This is the mattress I was looking for quick opinions on. Mainly trying to find out if anyone is familiar with these, almost feels too good to be true, but Jesse has been fantastically helpful to me and different than any other salesperson I’ve interacted with in this industry, so I think I will follow my gut and purchase. Looking to place this on a Glideaway Motion 600 adjustable with elevation kit, as I have reflux and gastrointestinal
issues. This base offers functionality no other does for inclined side/stomach sleeping, unless anyone has a better recommendation.

Here’s the link to the mattress in question: 10" Kingship Comfort Restful Latex Mattress-Natural Dunlop Mattress

As far as I understand, it is very close to the specs of this other mattress we got to try in person and love the feel of, just even more premium material at a better cost: Mattresses - Serenity Latex Mattress

Going the split king/two twin xl route with my significant other. Sincerely and greatly appreciate any and all opinions and anecdotes this community can share. Head is spinning with months of exhaustive searching, as I’m sure everyone comes here complaining about!

Hi hardtotell, and welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile:

Great to hear you have had a good experience with Rest Right. I’m not familiar with the company, but a couple replies in This Post share some positive experiences consumers have had with them. Keep in mind that any mattress you choose will be unique to the sleepers sleeping on it, based on their Stats (height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any underlying health conditions) and their PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

I took a look at the Rest Right Kingship Comfort and it looks like a well constructed mattress, it’s three 3" Dunlop latex layers of 18, 24, and 32 ILDs. This gives you the option of switching the plush, medium and firm layers around if you need to tweak the ‘feel’ of the comfort layer. The Serenity latex is Talalay latex, and is flippable, with 1" plush and 2" medium firm IFDs of 19 and 24 on both sides surrounding a support core of HD foam at 2.5lb/cuft. You can compare these against the Mattress Specifications You Need To Know and the Mattress Durability Guidelines.

Latex is one of the most durable mattress materials available - though Dunlop and Talalay have very different ‘feels’. Talalay is considered ‘bouncier’ than Dunlop (the difference is as between angel food cake and pound cake). Some consumers prefer one or the other, but if you enjoy the feel of the Rest Right Kingship Comfort it meets our criteria for quality, and as you say, it does allow the ‘fine tuning’ of a DIY without a lot of the trial and error that such a project can entail. I would make sure to check with them (if you haven’t already) that the mattress is compatible with your intended adjustable base so that you don’t void any warranties or return policies in case you need to exchange or return it.

Perhaps other forum members with experience with Rest Right can also chime in as well. Please let us know your experience with your new mattress once you’ve had some time with it!

~ Basilio

1 Like