Anyone has Nature's Sleep 9" KD Queen Foundation?

Hi

Does anyone have Nature’s Sleep 9" KD Queen Foundation? from sears: http://www.sears.com/nature-s-sleep-9inch-kd-queen-foundation/p-08210408000P?prdNo=2&sellerId=SEARS&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

Especially in queen. I am curious about 2 things: 1. how thick the wood is and 2 how long it is. I am guessing it’s about 58" wide but maybe 3/4" thick but I would like an exact #'s if possible

why I am asking? I would like to use that foundation frame and put my own beams.

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi ceasar2k,

You can see some comments about the Nature’s Sleep foundation here and here and here and here and here and here and here and here and in the foundation post here.

The slats are 1x3’s which means that they would generally be .75" thick and 2.5" wide. Their site says that the queen is 60" x 80" but I don’t know if these are exact measurements. If you call them they would probably give you any exact specs you need or hopefully a forum member that has one will see your post and measure their foundation and post the measurements here.

Phoenix

I thought they would be .75" also. I have a few days to decide, so hopefully someone can help. Ill try to call them as well

hmmmmmm

Hi ceasar2k6,

Thanks for measuring and posting the specs … I appreciate it.

I think your solution to reinforce the center area makes perfect sense and should work very well.

Phoenix

thanks for the assurances or motivation or both, :slight_smile:

I have another q: the pieces are held together by some material which is stapled into wood. I was thinking of using high stretch tape to add additional layer . It looks like this http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/-BgAAOSwnDZUBsN0/$_12.JPG

it’s plastic and heavily reinforced… Likely rated for 100lbs+ per sq inch. I was going to do 2-3 lines length wide after adding wood. Is there any negative consequence to it? I can only thing of when I have to take it apart if I move (tape would be hard to remove) but then it’s an issue down the line?

Hi ceasar2k6,

[quote]I have another q: the pieces are held together by some material which is stapled into wood. I was thinking of using high stretch tape to add additional layer . It looks like this i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/-BgAAOSwnDZUBsN0/$_12.JPG

it’s plastic and heavily reinforced… Likely rated for 100lbs+ per sq inch. I was going to do 2-3 lines length wide after adding wood. Is there any negative consequence to it? I can only thing of when I have to take it apart if I move (tape would be hard to remove) but then it’s an issue down the line?[/quote]

I was looking at the Nature’s Sleep assembly instructions here and it looks like the slats are pre-drilled and screwed into the side rails and the center rail with 3 screws per slat so you shouldn’t need any fabric or tape to secure them together and keep them from shifting so you could safely remove the fabric or tape to make room for the slats you are adding.

If you also pre-drill the slats you are adding so you don’t split the wood and then screw them down to the side rails and center rail then you shouldn’t need anything to join them together either.

Phoenix

hi

yes, I wanted to just use table to run 2 rows to keep my flats in place. i wanted to avoid screwing them in place but i guess i have to?

Hi ceasar2k,

The slats would probably be more secure and the foundation would be stronger and have less flex overall if you screwed down the slats but at the very least I would probably screw down the center slat and the end slats and then run tight rows of non stretchy tape between the rest of them to secure them in place and keep them from shifting.

Phoenix