Anyone have recent experience with Aireloom? Los Angeles mattress stores?

Anyone have any recent experience with Aireloom Luxetop mattresses?

30 / M / 6’4" 240lbs looking for a king size mattress for myself and my partner (also 30 / F / 5’4" 110-120lbs). Definitely want a mattress that can be purchased and delivered intact, (as opposed to a compressed, bed-in-a-box). Ideally a hybrid with 13-14 gauge pocket coil innerspring, 1-2" Talalay comfort layer, all high density foams, high density and firm edge support. All or mostly organic / natural materials would also be a plus but not a dealbreaker. Currently on a queen size Charles P Rogers Estate 5000 Plus, and would like something at least as firm, could even go a little firmer. Was looking at purchasing an Aireloom Preferred Luxetop M1 Firm, but have not been able to find a lot about them, and frankly I don’t exactly love the price point for what’s inside.

Any recommendations? I am Los Angeles local so would love any recs for similar mattresses, brands that ship or deliver high quality hybrid mattresses intact, or even reputable stores in LA area.

Hi TimothyP,

Unfortunately, due to the changes and turnover in businesses in the last few years, we no longer provide geographic listings for mattress manufacturers and retailers other than TMU Trusted Members see TMU directory here, though this post from 2016, and this post from this year may prove illuminating.

As far as the Aireloom Luxetop Mattress is concerned, this is a ultra luxury mattress; similar to the Charles P Rogers Estate 5000, but they are likewise not very transparent with the density and thickness of the layers. As you stated in your previous post compression has been an issue with the Estate 5000 and in previous mattresses you purchased, so you should check with them if you decide to go with Aireloom to see how its’ shipped for your own peace of mind. With their higher price points, I’m sure it can be very frustrating to receive the mattress and find it does not fully expand as advertised!

Most of the Trusted Members of the site ship anywhere in the U.S., and in addition to the Members @Phoenix mentioned to you in the reply to your previous post, in California you have quite a few choices: BioSleep Concept and Foam Sweet Foam are in Riverside, Flexus Comfort is in Covina, and there is also Mattress Makers in San Diego.

Hopefully someone in your area that has had a personal experience with a good quality/value mattress that is similar to what you like sees your post and chimes in with some additional options.

~ Basilio

Aireloom M1 Luxetop Firm comes with 13.75 gauge coil. That same coil used in M2 Firm and Streamline Luxury Firm.

Aireloom beds are never compressed

I feel the M1/M2 line is amongst the finest innerspring mattresses as far as feel and comfort and support. Not sure about durability.

I tried M1 Firm vs VISpring $33k mattress and preferred M1 because of the soft feel of the latex and microcoils and it is about $7k. Expensive is not always better or more comfortable. VISpring felt stout and durable with good support, but the comfort layer was not that comfortable……go figure.

I havent tried the Hastens mattresses, and I doubt there are better than Aireloom. $67k? Thats a lot of money. A natural latex mattresss at $4k seems like a screaming deal by comparison. I think the Hastens are more of a bragging conversation piece for the rich. With that said, I have not tried a Hastens probably because I cant buy it if I want it!

Dont buy the Airelooms at Macys because they often have fewer coils and cheaper materials compared to a real M1 or M2 from a smaller boutique retailer plus the price is often better too.

But you can go down to Macys to try out the feel of Aireloom without an overbearing salesperson looming over you. It is sort of easy to see which mattress is which.

Ortho Mattress also. Aireloom Chester Firm is M1 Firm and Westchester Firm is M2 Firm. There is the Plush version available too. The Firm is not that firm to me….more like a medium firm.

John