Anyone w/ the Ultimate Dream Latex mattress chime in?

I’m so happy it worked out for you :cheer:

Thanks Koala and to Phoenix,

This really is a great website, and I now know who to refer ppl to in this same kind of situation, local manuf. or online.

Hi dmg,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think that there are a lot of people that are very happy with this mattress and the price point and it’s great to see that you are one of them.

Thanks for the kind words about the site as well!

Phoenix

Hi dmg! I’m also about to purchase an Ultimate Dreams mattress. I haven’t ordered it yet, but I understand John will customize it to my liking. How soft is the level 6? I also happen to be 5 11 and 150lb, and my wife is about 140lb. We both prefer a softer feeling mattress. Glad you ended up loving yours!

And thanks to Phoenix for the amazing site. It’s unbelievable how much effort you put into every single post.

great site! So glad I found this before buying a mattress. Think I’m about to pull the trigger on the Ultimate Dreams Eurotop Latex Mattress - King size. Anyonw have any expereince with this yet? Thought this would be the better option in case we needed to change the latex (density) over time. Does anyone know the general warranty for the mattress and the fee to change the latex if we don’t pick the correct firmness of Latex? Couldn’t find the info anyway on Amazon. Also, we have box springs, hoping that will be okay for this mattress to rest on?

Hi jcatx03,

Their exchange policy is in post #14 here.

I’m not sure about the warranty … I’ve never asked them … but warranties in general are not nearly as important to me as knowing the materials because the reason most people need to replace a mattress is not a manufacturing defect but the loss of comfort and/or support which is not covered by a warranty. Knowing the materials in a mattress will tell you how long the original qualities of a mattress will last relative to other types of materials.

If your box springs are still in very good condition and have no weak areas or soft spots (you can test this with firm pressure with your knees in all areas) then they would be OK but they will also change the performance, feel, and alignment characteristics of the mattress compared to a rigid non flex foundation. Whether this was better or worse for you would depend on how the total “sleeping system” interacted with you in all your sleeping positions. You could compare the mattress on the box springs to putting it on the floor (which would be similar to a rigid non flex foundation) to see which was best for you but generally (not always) foam mattresses are designed and “rated” for use on a non flex foundation where the foam does the work rather than the box springs underneath.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix! Are there any non flex foundations you recommend that would be appropriate for the “Ultimate Dreams Eurotop Latex Mattress”? Thanks for all the great information you’d provided thus far.

Hi jcatx03,

The foundation thread here has many options that would work well for the Ultimate Dreams (or any foam mattress) in a wide range of prices.

Phoenix

thanks!

Thanks for all of the great info, particularly the list of retailers around the SLC area. I’d also add The Mattress Department http://www.mattressdepartmentutah.com. They have a lot of Tempurpedic mattresses on the floor, and some latex as well, which was great help as basis for comparison for looking online.

I just purchased the Ultimate Dreams Latex Mattress on Amazon after reading “most” of the comments here on the quality of the mattress.

Here’s my question: I’m 5’10" / 290 (sleeps on side) and my wife is 4’11" / 110 (sleeps on back) so what level of “firmness” should I order? Trying out mattresses at the stores has been a wash as it doesn’t seem to tell me much. I can love the feel of a mattress - then wait an week, go back and it doesn’t feel the same. The feel seems to be more of a factor of how tired I am than the type of mattress.

We’re not picky - we would just like to get a mattress that’s close to comfortable.

Hi tdf-texas,

It’s always best to go directly to the manufacturer for a suggestion on which of your options are best for you because they have much more detailed knowledge of all the materials in their mattresses and a database of customers of all different heights, weights, and sleeping positions which they can use as a reference point. Their suggestions will be much more valuable than any “theory at a distance” I could offer because they are much more familiar with how the specific combinations of materials in their mattresses interact with different people. The only other reliable indicator would be personal testing of similar mattress that may be available locally that you can use as a reference point

If I was in your shoes though with such a difference in weight I would strongly consider changing your order to the Eurotop version because you can exchange the layers if you need to for a reasonable cost and you can also order a side to side split layering which may help with the weight difference between you. You can read more about this in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thanks for the suggestion - but the new mattress will be here tomorrow. I email chatted with Chuck and came up with a 4 firmness.

Hi tdf-texas,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to let us know your experience once you’ve received it.

Phoenix

I’m also looking at getting the ultimate dream latex mattress, do you know of any stores local to either the Phoenix or the Baltimore area where I could try one out?

Hi Sosey,

All of the Brooklyn bedding mattresses are only sold online but their factory is in Phoenix and you can call them and arrange an appointment for them to meet you there if you want to test them in person.

As you can see in post #4 here … a couple of our other members are also in Phoenix.

If you want to test mattresses locally in Baltimore then some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of there are in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Thanks to this website, Phoenix, and all the other reviews/googling/ research I’ve also decided to buy the Ultimate Dream Latex Mattress. Been using a +15 year old mattress, waking up every day sore all over. Hopefully this mattress will help with the pain. However I’m still a bit indecisive with the frimness.

Hi INeedSleep123,

Have you talked with them? Outside of local testing on mattresses with similar designs that you can use as a guideline … the best way to choose would be to talk with them directly so they can give you some insight that can help you make the choice that you believe would be best for you.

I would be cautious in using other people’s experiences or assessments of soft and firm because different body weights, sleeping positions, and personal preferences and perceptions can mean that one person’s “firm” is another person’s “soft”.

Phoenix

I am also thinking about getting the Ultimate Dream latex. Looks to be a great quality/value combo. I was going to call them first-to inquire about the return/exchange policy as it seems it is different than the policy for Brooklyn Bedding.

Hi dabeers,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The return/exchange policies for Dreamfoam depend on the mattress. Some of their mattresses have comfort layers that can be exchanged for a different firmness level (see post #7 here). If the mattress you purchase is fulfilled by Amazon it would be subject to the Amazon large items return policy and if it’s fulfilled by Dreamfoam then they generally doesn’t allow returns or if they do they would be through a more costly common carrier because the mattresses can’t be re-compressed.

Phoenix