Arizona hybrid mattress vs engineered sleep duo latex Plus

Hey all. I’m stuck between this two mattresses and I was wondering if anyone had any advice. One thing I dislike about Arizona hybrid is they don’t show their layering? I have no idea if I’m sleeping directly on the latex or not so idk what kind of firmness to buy. Please let me know your suggestions and experience! (I’m a back side and stomach sleeper, I weight about 130 and my partner who sleeps with me weighs 150. We also have two 50 pounds dogs who sleep with us lol.)

1 Like

Hi Jenessyj,

Welcome to TMU.

I moved you into the talk to the experts category so trusted member Arizona Premium Mattress can view and address your concern. I will take a peek at the two, but no one knows APM’s products better than they do!

In the meantime what size mattress are you looking for and what style sleeping position are each of you as you are a side and stomach… As you know aelecting a mattress will be based on your PPP’s (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences.

I am quite certain APM will be able to provide you with that information.

This should get you started APM Mattress Layers
Norm

Hello! I’m looking for a king size mattress and I sleep on my back stomach and side. I’m trying to start to sleep only on my back tho. I tend to get back pain and neck and shoulder pain from my current mattress. I need something that’s supportive with pressure relief. As me and my partner and dogs all sleep together.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I thought the video on our website answered your question about layering. It’s a simple design, 8" zoned pocket coil then 3" of all natural Talalay or Dunlop latex encased in our zippered bamboo cover quilted with New Zealand wool. Based on your info I would recommend the Medium #25-29 Natural Talalay as the layer choice

1 Like

Jenessyj.

One thing that you should keep in mind when it comes to neck and shoulder pain is a carefully selected pillow.

Muscle strain to the back can result from a mattress being too soft, poor support, a mattress that has depressions due to wear, just to name a few causes.

A poor choice in a pillow in combination with a specific mattress design can also contribute to neck and shoulder pain. I always suggest to select the mattress of your preference first, then consider the purchase of a pillow that matches and completes the system. While it may seem like a elementary thing, many folks take the “free” pillow they received with their new mattress purchase and do not consider whether the pillow is matched to them and the mattress. Think about it, you buy this new mattress, it is super firm ( you can pick the feel, the scenario will be the same) they are giving away the same pillow to everyone. Yes, the 6’3 250lb broad shoulder guy and his wife who is 5’3 120 with a “banana” shape figure. Clearly the same pillow is not likely to work for both sleepers.

In addition to that, a firmer mattress, where the sleeper, sleeps on the mattress, will need a loftier pillow. Whereas a mattress that has a VE memory foam comfort layer, and the sleeper sinks a few inches into the mattress.

Any of these situations can cause the neck to angle, regardless of sleep position, and cause problems.

This should not affect the mattress you should choose, as that will be your first bedding selection. Just be certain if you start to develop some neck and shoulder pain during the first weeks of your new mattress, that the angry face at the mattress manufacturer does not begin to reveal itself. It most likely is not the mattress.

Unfortunately, it is not something we think about when purchasing a new mattress and is often overlooked.