Arlington VA 22201 Store list

Hello everyone,

Are there any new mattress stores or outlets that have opened around 22201 that would be selling quality mattress, What I am looking for is for a mattress 1 being soft and 10 being firm, 5 medium. I want to check out these mattresses physically and I am looking for a mattress that would be Latex over foam, Preferably Synthetic latex since it will be cheaper and what type of foam do you recommened ?

Thank You all,
Sayed.

Hi sayedhamdani,

All the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Northern VA area (subject to following all the steps and guidelines in the tutorial post) are listed in post #2 here. There isn’t anything new since I’m aware of since the last time I updated the list.

There are no standard firmness ratings between manufacturers so a mattress that is rated as “medium firm” with one manufacturer may be “medium” or “firm” with the next. Firmness is also very subjective so what feels too soft for one person can feel too firm for someone else depending on their body type, sleeping positions, and preferences and sensitivity. The only way to know how firm or soft a mattress feels for you would be based on your own personal testing or sleeping experience regardless of how anyone else may rate it. Only you can feel what you feel on a mattress (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I don’t recommend specific types of mattresses or materials because each person has their own preferences and criteria that may be very different from someone else. Your own testing will tell you more about the types of materials or mattresses you tend to prefer than anything or anyone else. What I do suggest though is that no matter which type of mattress or materials you may prefer that it uses good quality and durable materials so that there will be no “weak links” in the mattress (see the guidelines here).

Phoenix

Thank You,

I was reading Your sleeping style, preferences, and statistics - Your sleep positions

I weigh 162lb and I move sometimes when I am sleeping ( meaning my body doesn’t lay straight when sleeping), And I am 6feet tall.
I sleep 60% on my side and 20% on my belly and 20% on my back, With my current mattress my shoulders and lower back and pelvis area ache.

What I learned from that post is: I sleep in multiple positions so I should get Thin 1" comfort ( top layer ) and thick or soft 2" support ( mid layer).

Q What is the difference between thick and soft ?

Q How can I find out how many inches in which layer should I put ? Should I put 2" firm comfort layer and 3" soft or thick support layer and how about the core ?

Q Where can I find Dunlop mattress on decent prices ? Which of the retailers on this website would you recommended ?

Appreciate your help. Thank You :slight_smile:

Hi sayedhamdani,

I think you may be posting in too many topics to keep track of your questions and the replies that you have already received (see post #3 here and post #5 here) because most of your questions have already been answered previously in some of the other topics you have posted in here and here and here and here and here and here and here.

You can see all your previous questions here and all the previous replies to your questions here so you can scan them more easily to see the questions you have already asked or that have already been answered.

[quote]I weigh 162lb and I move sometimes when I am sleeping ( meaning my body doesn’t lay straight when sleeping), And I am 6feet tall.
I sleep 60% on my side and 20% on my belly and 20% on my back, With my current mattress my shoulders and lower back and pelvis area ache.

What I learned from that post is: I sleep in multiple positions so I should get Thin 1" comfort ( top layer ) and thick or soft 2" support ( mid layer).[/quote]

These are generic concepts … not specific recommendations that would apply to any specific person. See my reply in post #13 here.

The thickness of a layer and the softness of a layer are two of the variables that can affect how soft or firm a layer or a mattress feels (see post #4 here) and there is more information about the effect of thickness in post #14 here.

You will only know whether any mattress design is a good match for you in terms of PPP based on either your own careful testing or on your own sleeping experience … and I would avoid trying to decide on a mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress).

I have already linked the better local choices I’m aware of in my previous replies and the tutorial post includes a link to the members here that sell mattresses online and many of them sell Dunlop latex mattresses with a range of different designs, options, and price ranges.

I don’t make specific recommendations about “what” to choose … only suggestions about “how” to make the best choice for you based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (see my reply here). There is also more about the value of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix