Avocado Eco Hybrid vs Spindle Hybrid - feedback please!

I’m 185lbs, mostly a side sleeper, trying to decide on a latex hybrid mattress with no zoning. I’ve currently narrowed it down to these two options:
Avocado Eco Organic Hybrid: 2" dunlop (14-19 ILD/D65) over 8" coils (12 gauge)
Spindle Organic Hybrid: 3" dunlop (26-29 ILD/D75) over 6" coils (13.75 gauge)

Feedback on either of those mattresses would be most welcome! Thanks.

You’ve narrowed down your choices to two solid mattresses, both featuring latex. Since comfort is highly subjective, what works best for one person may not be suitable for another.

Keep in mind that “100%” latex is generally more buoyant and resilient, which some may find to be too firm. Since these mattresses lean towards the firmer side, it would be a good idea to consider how much firmness you prefer.

Comfort varies widely among individuals, so personal preferences play a big role here. The Spindle has an additional 1" of latex, but if you find one uncomfortable, it’s likely you might find the other uncomfortable too. Ultimately, your choice may come down to personal feel, so considering a home trial might be beneficial if available. Either way, both choices seem like quality products, and any difference in comfort might be marginal.

1 Like

Thanks so much! In terms of durability, is there much difference between 6" coils + 3" dunlop vs 8" coils + 2" dunlop? I am going to test the Avocado in the store this weekend and hopefully decide after that which one I will try.

Sure thing! When it comes to the durability between the configurations of 6" coils + 3" Dunlop latex and 8" coils + 2" Dunlop latex, the differences are actually quite negligible. You won’t likely notice a major distinction in terms of wear and tear between these two setups.

The advantage you might find with Spindle is the ability to replace the layer to adjust the firmness down the line if your preferences change. This adds some flexibility to the mix, which might be appealing depending on your long-term needs.

Remember, if you opt for a Spindle and something does go wrong, the chance of failure is roughly comparable to that of the Avocado mattress and vice versa. So your choice might come down more to personal comfort and preferences. Definitely take the time to test out the Avocado in-store and see how it feels for you. Good luck with your decision!

1 Like

Hello. I’m wondering if you decided on the Avocado or Spindle and how that turned out for you? I’m also looking at the Spindle hybrid. Thanks.