Avocado Green - Quality & Specs

Hello -

I recently discovered your website, with wealth of information as I’m looking to purchase a new mattress. I came across Avocado Green and visited their New York store. At first, I was skeptical of the “new” pop up Instagram mattress brand, but then learned that they are part of Brentwood Homes - which seems to be in the market for a longer time.

I would really like to get an expert opinion on the quality and durability of the materials and construction in the Avocado Green Pillowtop mattress. In addition thoughts on value for money.

Below are the specs from their website:

Layers (hand tufted):

1st - organic wool (1 oz per sqft). GOTS & OEKO
2nd - 2 inch Dunlop latex (D65 / 14-19 ILD). GOLS
3rd - 2 inch Dunlop latex (D65 ). GOLS
4th - 1,130 encased coils, heat treated with 16 gauge perimeter coils, 17 gauge center 3rd of the mattress, and 14 gauge at top and bottom 3rd of the mattress
5th - 1 inch Dunlop latex under the coils. GOLS

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Regards,
Robert G.

Hi Greenberg.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

I’ve always found the Avocado Green to be a solid mattress in terms of durability and components. It has no weak links that I’ve been able to detect and many, many people seem very happy with this mattress.

In terms of value for money, that’s hard to say as it’s quite relative. I personally think they charge fairly competitive (albeit on the higher end) prices for the quality and the fact that they manufacture the mattresses in the US.

If you have the chance to test one before you buy and know you enjoy the feel, that’s always a plus. :slight_smile:

NikkiTMU