Baby mattress

Hi everyone. I just found out about this forum as I was trying to compare baby mattresses. So much useful information here.

I spent hours walking around stores and narrowed down my choice to only two “more on the natural side” mattresses available in my country: Magniflex gioto and Coco mat Pegasus.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these two or any suggestion. I am obviously looking for the most natural baby mattress. Thank you and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hi Biljana,

I don’t have any personal experience with either of them but I can make some comments about the materials they use.

The Magniflex uses elioform which is polyfoam inside a cotton cover that is quilted with wool on one side of the mattress.

The Coco Mat uses organic coconut coir instead of polyfoam and has a cotton cover quilted with organic wool.

While I would consider both of them to be “safe” choices for a baby … the polyfoam in the Giotto (like all polyfoam) is a synthetic material and the coconut coir in the Coco Mat is a natural material so the Coco Mat would be a better “fit” for your specific criteria if “natural” materials are important to you.

Phoenix

Dear Phoenix,

I am so so grateful for your quick and detailed reply. My guts told me the same thing but it is so much nicer when you hear that from an “expert” :slight_smile:

I will buy the Coco mat and will provide feedback to anyone interested.

I am so glad I found your site. Thanks again and all the best :slight_smile:

Hi Biljana,

I’m glad I could help … and congratulations on your new crib mattress.

I’m looking forward to any comments and feedback you have the chance to share once you’ve placed your order and received it.

Phoenix