Back pain

Hi all,
I am (un)lucky enough to have been diagnosed with sciatica and now need a new mattress. My old mattress is coil and I think a foam might be a better fit.
Any suggestions ?
Pattymcb

Hi pattymcb,

The first and most important suggestion of all is to find the outlets that have the knowledge, skill, and experience to give you the best guidance and “fit” you to a mattress and also carry mattresses that have better quality and value. These are typically smaller sleep shops that sell alternative or local brands or factory direct outlets where the mattress are sold directly from the manufacturer. These are where you will find the “exerts” that are more interested in educating you and helping to “fit” you to the mattress you need and prefer than in “selling” you a mattress that helps their commissions or profit margins more than it does you.

The choice of outlet is more important when you are starting out than ideas about what type of mattress may be best.

This article will help you avoid most of the worst choices.

Scanning the overviews in the mattresses section of the site will help you ask better questions and better understand the answers and also help you identify the sales people and outlets who are more interested in educating you than selling you.

If you let me know the city or zip where you live I’d be happy to take a look and let you know of the better outlets I’m aware of in your area.

You will find you have lots of good choices … but finding the people who can help you make the best ones will turn mattress shopping from an exercise in conflicting information, confusion, and frustration into something you can actually enjoy. This way you will also have much better odds of ending up with a mattress that really does best suit your long term needs and preferences and you will know that you are purchasing a mattress with much better quality and value than you would otherwise find if you just “followed the advertising” or the misleading claims and “marketing information” that is so common in the mass market outlets and major brands.

Phoenix

Phoenix, Az

Hi Pattymcb,

Well you are very fortunate indeed because Phoenix is one of the best areas in the country to buy a high quality and value mattress!

Post #4 here includes your better choices in the area and 3 of the manufacturers there are members here (which means that I consider them to be among the best quality and value in the country). If you purchase from the two where your the membership benefits includes the local outlets … don’t forget to let them know you are a forum member here so you can receive your 5% member discount.

They are knowledgeable and helpful and will help “fit” you to a mattress that matches your needs and preferences.

I wish everyone in the country had the same type of great choices that you do :slight_smile:

Phoenix