Bad Back in Colorado

Greetings, I had such good results from the advice I got a couple years ago (eg Beloit Mattress Factory) I wanted to ask for recommendations for my Mom who has had multiple back surgeries and rods put in. Anywhere comparable in the Denver/ front range area you can recommend? Somewhere where they can really help with helping her judge the whole alignment thing, depth of comfort layer, etc.

She has been through a few beds including Sleep Number and the most recent was a Serta which felt good for a few months but is now giving her trouble - sounds familiar eh? Any suggestions as to what a good starting point for her would be based on her condition. Weight - I don’t know, not heavy- maybe in 150-180 range. Maybe an adjustable base would be helpful too for those times she can’t get comfortable.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

Hi Sleepless in wi,

The Denver list is in post #2 here. I would call them on the phone and choose the ones that are the most knowledgeable and helpful and that you “connect” with in your conversations. There are some good options in the area.

Outside of the same basic needs as everyone which is good PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) there are really too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved to even begin to suggest a specific type of mattress out of all the thousands that are available. I’m always happy with making suggestions about how to choose but the specifics of what to choose is the part of mattress shopping where personal testing and experience is the best way to know what works best.

An adjustable bed can work well for back sleepers especially to help relieve pressure on the spine. Post #3 here and the adjustable bed thread it links to may also be helpful if you are considering an adjustable bed as part of her sleeping system.

Phoenix