Bad experience and recommendation request

Phoenix,

First let me say thank you for this most informative forum. My wife and I walked into a Mattress Firm a month ago and walked out having purchased a Serta iComfort memory foam mattress. It was fine at first, but within a week or two had gotten so soft that I find it nearly impossible to get comfortable and have been waking up with back aches. The return policy I have in writing pledges to allow return (or exchange) of the mattress without charge other than delivery, and after much reading on this site, I’ve decided to exercise that ability and return the mattress. Hopefully they will honor that agreement, and it won’t be a hassle. Can you recommend a good store or manufacturer in or near the 43081 zip code to help us reboot this process and get a good bed that will last many years? (I am shorter and heavier at 5’6" 200 lbs, my wife is 5’5" 160 lbs and curvaceous.)

Many Thanks,
JS336

Hi JS336,

Unfortunately your experience isn’t that uncommon because of some of the lower quality foams that are used in much of the iComfort lineup which are prone to softening much too quickly.

Hopefully your options include an actual refund rather than the much more common exchange policy which allows you to exchange for another mattress that they carry in the store at the same of higher cost.

If it is actually a refund … then you are fortunate and can “reboot” without much damage :slight_smile:

You have quite a better options in the general Columbus, OH area that I’m aware of and they are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix