Bed Boss Mattress Quality?

Hello everyone I am new here.

I just moved to Rochester, MI and I am trying find a mattress in the 600 dollar price range. Locally, the only one I have found that suits my needs is:

It is a china manufactured mattress, however the salesman told me the top layer is 5.5 lb density memory foam. He is unsure of the support layer but believes the mattress weighs around 80ish pounds and comes shrink wrapped in a box. However, after laying on the mattress in the store I do really like it.

Otherwise I am also considering dreamfoam bedding’s mattress:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CYUJEHE/ref=twister_B00CYUJEA6

But I am hesitant as I am unable to test out the mattress.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hi jtptran90,

Post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase and if you are considering a mattress where the materials are CertiPur certified (which Bed Boss is) but are made in China then I would also read post #6 here so that you can take some of the uncertainty involved in Chinese foams into account as well.

Outside of how well a mattress matches your specific needs and preferences … the most important part of a mattress purchase is making sure that you find out the quality of the materials inside any mattress you are considering. I don’t know the quality/density of the layers in the Bed Boss Heavenly so I can’t make any meaningful comments about their quality but if you can find out the specifics of all the layers (see this article) and list them on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about them.

If you can confirm that the materials are all good quality and inside the foam density guidelines then it would certainly be worth considering.

This mattress uses the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme as a reference point so testing the Cloud Supreme would give you some idea of its firmness. I would also make sure you have a more detailed conversation on the phone with a knowledgeable and experienced online retailer or manufacturer if you are considering a mattress where you can’t test the mattress in person before you purchase it so they can help “talk you through” whether the mattress would be a good choice for you.

The memory foam in this mattress is 4 lbs and the polyfoam support core is 1.5 lbs which are both inside the guidelines for a mattress in this budget range and as you know I think highly of Dreamfoam and the quality/value of their mattresses.

There are also some other lower budget memory foam, polyfoam, and innerspring online options in post #4 here and if you are also considering latex then the lower budget latex and latex hybrid options I’m aware of are listed in posts #3 and #4 here.

You may have already seen this but just in case you haven’t the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Greater Detroit area are also listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix