Bed Boss ?? Price Wesner ??

I have been reading much information you have all discussed regarding pressure relief and memory foam/ latex. I have stayed away from the memory foam, but I see from your comments (and Phoenix tutorials )that here are some real advantages.

2 brands at Barrow’s furniture have some mattresses with both foams encased. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation or caution about these 2 labels…they are not members of this site.

One is Bed Boss brand …their site has good info and it is intriguing. Have an 8" foam and an 11" ET foam.

Price Wesner makes 2 lines…E.C.O. and their Postureflex. Beds both seem nice, but their is NO website to see models??? or get details??? I know Proce Wesner was hooked in some way with Spring Air. By the way I see Spring Air has made an attempt at the foam beds as well {Bio MAX I think it is).

Would love to hear about your experience iregarding any of these if you have time to share. I don;t mind learning from your success, or near misses. :slight_smile: Thank you.

Hi Princess and Pea,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

The manufacturers name on a label means very little because the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is to make sure you do some careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post to find out how well it matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Only you can feel what you feel on a mattress (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Outside of the suitability of a mattress, a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it. To make any meaningful assessment about the quality of a mattress or identify any weak links in its construction in terms of durability you would need to know the information listed here. If you can find this out for either of the two mattresses you’ve mentioned I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials in either mattress.

Besides suitability and durability … the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including of course the price) would also be an important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase.

Bed Boss is a Chinese manufacturer that is CertiPur certified but like any mattress I would want to know the specifics of all the materials inside any mattress you are considering to identify any weak links and to make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. You can read a little more about BedBoss, mLily, and Easy Rest in post #2 here (all of which use memory foam made by Health Care Foam* in China) and a forum search on Bed Boss (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments about them as well.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/find-a-foam-supplier/hk-foam/

Price Wesner is a wholesale manufacturer that sells to stores and is Spring Air licensee based in Atlanta, GA. They have been in business for many decades. As always though … any mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer and in many cases Spring Air tends to use lower quality foams in their mattresses. As you can see in this article there is only a small possibility that you will be able to find out the quality of the materials inside their mattresses and in most cases I would tend to avoid them. I’m not sure what you mean by “foam” beds since there are three main types of foam (polyfoam, memory foam, and latex foam) and one or more of them are used in almost all mattresses and Spring Air has has used foam of one type or another in all their mattresses for decades.

Again … if you can provide the specs of any mattress you are considering you can compare them to the guidelines here or if you list them on the forum I’d be happy to make some comments about them.

Phoenix