Bed frame question

Hi!

First off thank you for this amazing forum. I spent weeks hemming and hawing over an online mattress before I went through this forum and eventually went with a local retailer. I purchased a Parklane Mattress yesterday in the Northrup model. Now Iā€™m looking at platform bed frame options.

I was told 4 inches between slats would be sufficient for my mattress. The Northrup has an offset coil core. Iā€™m leaning toward the Best Price Mattress Heavy Duty steel slat metal frame in model e. I like it because the slats themselves are almost 4 inches thick, thereā€™s a little over 3.5 inches between the slats, and thereā€™s a horizontal support beam with extra legs and a vertical support beam without legs. Any thoughts on whether this should be sufficient? Iā€™m paranoid about sagging and ruining my nice mattress but this seems the best metal platform frame option Iā€™ve come across (for a reasonable price at least - I broke the bank with the mattress purchase).

Thanks!

Hi MonBon17,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile: And congratulations on your new Parklane mattress! :cheer: As youā€™re aware, you chose something from a site member here using high quality and durable materials. Iā€™m looking forward to learning about your new mattress once youā€™ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

The specifications of the product seem to exceed what Parklane recommends for your new mattress, and with the center reinforcement the slats should not flex in the middle. While Iā€™m not personally familiar with this item, it ā€œseemsā€ to be an improvement over something using a wire grid network on the top deck. If you do decide to purchase this item, Iā€™d be interested in your feedback.

Phoenix

Thanks for the feedback! I went with it and so far so good! Iā€™ve been sleeping on it about a week now and have noticed no creaking or noise. Itā€™s very sturdy. It also seems to stay in place and my mattress isnā€™t sliding around. Itā€™s just me in the bed so weā€™ll see how long it takes to start creaking, if it does. So far Iā€™m pretty pleased with this purchase! Iā€™ll try to remember to update in the future.

Also my Parklane mattress is incredible.

Hi MonBon17,

Iā€™ll look forward to your feedback on both your Parklane mattress and your Best Price bed frame in the future! Iā€™m glad that things are working out well for you so far.

Phoenix