Bed in a Box

First off, thanks for this site! It has been a great resource as I search for a new mattress. I will be making an online purchase and I am on a small budget for a King sized bed.

I did a search for Bed in a box (bedinabox.com) and nothing came up. Have you had a chance to test this? Another mattress review site had it rated fairly high as far as value and customer satisfaction. All of their mattresses contain 3" of a 3Lb foam, which they claim is of some diff technology that it only need be 3lb compared to others at 4-6lb. I find their explanation to be marketing trash.

If not this bed, I was looking at Ultimate Dreams beds which I noticed are members of this site.

Last question, on a budget, what is better. Latex/poly hybrid from Ultimate dream or their memory foam?

Hi brandog712,

You can see my thoughts and “analysis” of Bed in a Box in post #2 here. A forum search on bedinabox (you can just click this) will also bring up more references to them as well.

Yes … like all the members here I consider them to be among the best quality and value in the country. They would certainly make a good choice. If you are looking at their gel memory foam mattresses then I would test local mattresses that were similar which may help you decide which is better for you in terms of “matching” your needs and preferences. If you are considering their latex hybrids or all latex mattresses … then I would ry to test some similar mattresses locally to make sure you are comfortable with latex.

The choice between memory foam and latex is really a matter of personal preference rather than a “better worse” comparison. i would test both materials locally so that you can decide on your own personal preference between the slow response of memory foam or the fast response of latex and decide which is better for you. All of their mattresses have equivalent “value” but it’s still important to choose the one that best matches your own needs and preferences and your personal value equation.

Phoenix