Bed Selection Dilemma!

Hi cdisracerx,

[quote]We went to most all the "recommended locations and then turned online to get a better bang for our bucks…Finally chose one after much deliberation ( V-Zone from Flo-Bed- $3000) and I called to order it and wham…due to our sleeping position it is not recommended… :sick: :sick:
This only took about 2 months to decide![/quote]

While I understand that it isn’t what you were hoping to hear … it’s always good to hear that a manufacturer or retailer has the integrity to tell you when they believe a mattress wouldn’t be a good match for you.

Were they concerned about the split layers … and did they make any other recommendations or suggestions?

[quote]Anyway here is our new dilemma as it was never caught in any of our try-outs or discussions…
We basically sleep like spoons…seriously…I think we could sleep on a twin with spare room…
My wife is 100lbs and I’m 200lbs…I can see how this is hard for a mattress to keep up…
Should I put a pair of 2" X 10’s" under our sleep area to avoid a sag…LOL!
You gotta laugh…any suggestions… [/quote]

It would depend on the reason for their concern but I doubt that adding a pair of 2 x 10’s under the mattress would make a difference.

There is more information in the first part of post #2 here about some of the different ways that can help accommodate a couple that have different needs and preferences but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specific options they have available based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences than anyone else.

Phoenix