best bed for lumbar neuropathy and leg pain... and hernatied discs low back and neck.... post op

I have several herniated discs in my lumbar back and neck… I just had a laminotomy revision of a previous laminectomy l-4 -5 and a foraminatomy l3- l3 to help with the burning neuropathy in legs an feet… so far, 3 weeks out I have it worse than ever. .but I hear that can be expected.

My mattress is a Serta or Sealy, $2600 from Sleep Train, about 6 yrs old… and the sides of it are slopping so if sit on the side of it u could slide off… everyone says tho this was supposed to have been a medium to firm mattress that it is like a marshmellow an looks like one now as wll.

I am on a fixed income, senior, and not working… but need a firmer mattress… what do you think of the Latex Bliss or latex mixed beds at The Healthy Bed Store in Folsom, Ca?
Ilive in Sacramento, CA.

From what they said the frame should be a wooden platform one… which appeals to me as my cats are always crawling into my box spring, but the platforms there are very expensive…

Do you think this mattress either the Bliss or mixed latex is the answer for me and what do u think about a platform vs a box spring etc.?

Their prices for a queen wihtout the platform is around #$1800-$2000 plus tax etc…
We have a European Sleep Design Store here in Folsom Ca as wll.

I am allergic to dust mites also…
I also have fibromyalgia and find the pillow top helps with that, but if I get a good mattress maybe I can save $ by not getting one with a pillow top.

Hi lapis,

Unfortunately there is no specific way to “match” a mattress to any specific medical conditions or body type based on specs or “theory at a distance” and the best way to know which mattress is suitable for any person (regardless of any medical issues) would either be your own personal testing or more detailed conversations with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer when you can’t test a mattress in person (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I would also make sure you’ve read the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with how to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

[quote]I am on a fixed income, senior, and not working… but need a firmer mattress… what do you think of the Latex Bliss or latex mixed beds at The Healthy Bed Store in Folsom, Ca?
Ilive in Sacramento, CA.[/quote]

Pure Latex Bliss uses high quality materials in their mattresses (either blended Talalay or 100% natural Talalay) so from a quality/durability perspective they are certainly good quality choices.

I’m not sure of which mattress you are referring to at the Healthy Bed Store but if you can provide the specifics of the layers and components of the mattress you are referring to (see this article) and post them on the forum or provide a link to where they are listed I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality/durability of the materials or help you identify any potential weak links in their design.

Of course the durability of the materials has little to do with whether a mattress is a suitable choice for you or not in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … only with how long a mattress will maintain its comfort and support so suitability and durability are two separate issues in a mattress. There is more in post #3 here about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase.

There is more information about dust mite allergies in post #2 here that may be helpful.

You may have seen this already but just in case you haven’t the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Sacramento area are listed in post #5 here.

Phoenix