Best mattress ?!

What we want:

Preferably memory foam, though have never owned.
Durable. No “valleys” created by over 200lb hubby.
Prefer not to replace every 6 years (like my current cheap mattress)
Softer end of a firm mattress. I want it to support his weight and also I want to be able to turn around in it.

Budget is of course an issue but since we are looking and in desperate need, I’d like to know what is recommended and where we can get it. (In Birmingham Alabama area).

Thanks!

Hi Lilally627,

There is no such thing as a “best” mattress in general terms … only a mattress that is best for YOU and your own unique needs and preferences.

The first place to start in your search is post #1 here which will give you all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices.

When you get to step #3 … you will find the better choices I’m aware of in the Birmingham area in post #57 here.

The first (and probably last) place I would go if I was in Birmingham is Royal Bedding. I think very highly of Tom who is the owner there and he is exceptionally knowledgeable about mattresses. He has a wide range of great quality and value mattresses including a new line which he has just recently introduced which are unique and very high quality in terms of materials and design and would be well worth looking at even though they aren’t memory foam.

Phoenix