Best places to test out Latex in NYC?

I’m in the market for a new mattress, and I’m like what I’m learning about latex. Does anyone know of any decent places in New York City that have a selection of latex mattresses that my lady and I could test out? Preferably full latex? There is a Sleepy’s near me, which I sort of dread going into, but if I knew what brand name mattresses to try out there I could probably stomach the sales vibe. I’m trying to get a feel for talalay vs. dunlop and an idea of what the different firmnesses are like. Any info on what major brands = what types of latex configurations would be great.

I’m pretty sure I’ll end up ordering it from someplace non-local, such as SleepEz, if I do go the latex route. I like the the fact that they are adjustable. I’ll be stretching my budget a bit, so I’d like to get something as comfy and long lasting and possible. Any other suggestions for vendors I should be looking at?

Any help is super appreciated. To be honest, this whole buying a mattress situation is threatening my sobriety.

Hi Sleepy Will,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and know how to avoid the worst ones (and hopefully stay out of most chain stores as well).

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the New York City area are listed in post #2 here and there is also a more categorized list with more detailed descriptions of some of them in post #7 here.

The tutorial post also includes a link to a list of the online members of the site and many of these sell latex mattresses that include a wide range of different designs, options, and price ranges.

Phoenix