Best slats/support/foundation for full size Roma

Bought a Roma mattress for our almost 3 year old, we got her this bed from pottery barn (photo attached)
Link to Bed

The slats are 4.5 inches apart (see attached photo), so we want to buy something different, but we want to keep the mattress low, so a traditional foundation will not work.

I was thinking the Luroey slats from Ikea, but they look like they might need a center support bar, which this bed does not have. Can anyone confirm if they can be used without a center support bar?

A contact at SleepEZ recommended just getting a sheet of 3/4" plywood, but I read on here that latex needs to breathe and something solid like plywood wouldn’t work.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello mgd150

Thank you kindly for your inquiry, and thank you for providing the links within your post! I checked your Ikea slatted bed base, but it doesn’t give much information as it pertains to overall support. However, I did scroll down a bit on your page and found a center support for this base here: SKORVA Center support beam, galvanized - IKEA. I am not sure if this is simply a European type slat system that is supposed to be placed on an existing platform, or if it comes with an actual frame to sit on. I apologize, but I am not real familiar with this base.
Your hesitance toward the 3/4" plywood platform base is understandable. However, one of the many great benefits of latex is that it is an open-celled foam. This means that it is very breathable, and will not trap and hold body heat like other more closed-celled foams can. Because of this, you do not need open slats under your latex mattress for it to breathe and sleep cool. Solid platform bases are very common with latex mattresses, and will not affect your overall sleep at all.
Please don’t hesitate to call our office should you have any questions, or would like to discuss further. Good luck, and keep us posted!

SleepEZ
480-966-8731

Thanks for the response.

Will I be fine using a 4ft wide sheet of plywood, cut to length, and just lay that on top of the slats? Or am I better off using two sheets and cutting them to the exact width? Keep in mind this is for a toddler.

Also, do I need a center support for the full mattress?

I’m also considering a 4 foot wide, 3/16" thick pegboard to go on top of the slats. Would this be sufficient?

Something like this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hardboard-Pegboard-Actual-47-75-in-x-95-75-in/3014321

mgd150

Thanks again for your inquiries. Placing a sheet of either plywood or pegboard under your latex mattress is absolutely fine. This essentially turns your base into a platform foundation, which adds support, and can be ideal for latex mattresses.

Please feel free to call anytime if you would like to speak by phone. Have a terrific day!

SleepEZ
480-966-8731