Best use of $700 in Sleep Train credit?

5 years ago I bought a Sealy P.O.S. which now has a huge crater in the center. Got it warrantied and now I have $691 (after tax) in Sleep Train credit towards whatever products they sell. I’m done with their mattresses though. Entire store and not one of them felt good at all. My GF and I ended up ordering a bed from Nest Bedding after visiting their store so I’m set on the mattress front. Thanks for all the info, Phoenix!

We went into ST yesterday and tried on every pillow they offered with no luck. Nothing that felt good for either of us. Outside of that I’m stumped on what to spend the credit on. We could use a mattress protector and maybe some sheets since we have the credit anyway but that’s only about 1/3 of my credit. Maybe just get a few sets of nice sheets and a mattress protector?

What would be some alternative ideas of what to buy? We were thinking of even just buying a bed that fits into my credit and selling it on Craigslist or something to get cash that we can use elsewhere. I really don’t have any good ideas at the moment. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hi kr580,

As you mentioned I wouldn’t purchase a mattress there unless I had no other alternatives available to me.

The only thing that I would consider there would probably be their accessories such as sheets, pillows, or mattress protectors. I would also consider one of their adjustable beds (if they were a reasonable price compared to the same model elsewhere) or some of their beds and bases (again if they compared well to similar products elsewhere).

Even though I personally wouldn’t purchase it … there may be some people that wish to purchase a Tempurpedic mattress so if you can find someone you know (or with a Craigslist ad) that plans to purchase a mattress or an adjustable bed or some of their beds and bases there then perhaps you could offer to share your credit with them with some percentage split. Of course I would keep in mind that they would lose their warranty since you would need to make the purchase for them with your credit which would mean that they wouldn’t be able to make a warranty claim if it ever because necessary or you would need to make the warranty claim on their behalf.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It’s great to see that you ended up purchasing a better quality/value mattress this time!

Phoenix